Lannathai Guesthouse
Vipa House(Chiang Mai)
  • Room Service
Thongkoon House(Chiang Mai)
View Hotel
Sarah Guest House(Chiang Mai)
View Hotel
De Naga Hotel(Chiang Mai)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I recently spent 2 weeks at this guest house(for the second time).I was welcomed back as a long lost friend.The rooms are spacious and kept immaculately clean,cleaned each day and bedding changed each day also,The staff are very friendly,some with very good English,and cannot do enough for you.Room prices are very reasonable,and as previous reviews state,the air-con is very effective.It is in a perfect location,being literally 2 minutes walk from Anusarn Night Bazaar.I am a frequent visitor to Chiang Mai and since finding Lannathai,I will be returning here each time I visit.I cannot recommend it highly enough!

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for a room with air-con
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank brodazz9137
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Lanna Thai Guesthouse is a nightmare,the water pipe was broken and the floor of shower room full of water. There's sand in the water, the water is too dirty to be used to wash face and body. The server refused to changed the room for me and I checked out two hours after checked in and was charged for one night. The manager refued to soved the problem until the policeman showed up.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy Z
Reviewed December 3, 2011

It's not amazing or ultra clean but it is decent and the bedding is good , this is important to me . Have eaten here and was not disappointed at all , small menu but good .
You literally step out into the night bazaar which is why I choose it , and for €7 a night I really have nothing to complain about .

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank 60swinter
Reviewed August 27, 2011

i have stayed here many times.The place is cheap, clean and the location is in the heart of chiang mai.1 minute awy from the nightmarket and 1 minute away from anusarn market. The best place to get seafood. The staff is very friendly so for me the best place to be!
where do u get ur room cleaned daily in a guesthouse?

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank rob m
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We booked this hotel because of how cheap it was as a base for our stay in Chiang Mai and so we werent expecting much. We were pleasantly suprised with a simple hotel but with everything you need, comfortable bed, nice big room, tv, hot shower, powerful air con - travellers paradise! The hotel is family run and the staff are really friendly and helpful.

Lanna Thai is right next to the food market and a minute away from the Night Bazaar. Set on a quiet back street in lovely surroundings this hotel was perfectly situated so as to be quiet but seconds away from a vast array of food stalls, restaurants, shops and markets.

Most hotels in Chiang Mai expect you to book your tours and treks through them and we booked a full day elephant trip with them at a very good rate. We were picked up and dropped off, saw an elephant show, got to feed baby elephants, went bamboo rafting, rode elephants, travelled in ox carts, saw hill tribes, it was an amazing day and the company Lanna Thai use are so friendly and go out of their way to do everything for you, even changing their schedule in order to be able to drop us at the train station.

I cant reccomend this hotel enough for everything you need in Chiang Mai.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple