“Trendy Hotel in good location”

Dusit D2 Chiang Mai
Ranked #25 of 380 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Devon,UK
“Trendy Hotel in good location”
Reviewed November 30, 2010

The Dusit D2 is a modern yet comfortable hotel in Chiang Mai. The location is excellent right by the night bazaar, whilst we were there there was a festival and the parade went down the street of the night bazaar which we were able to watch from the hotels outdoor bar. We were also given a free meal in the hotel restaurant as we were a honeymoon couple as well as a delicious cake and small gift each day in the 'orange box' in our room.

The rooms were a good size with a shower room which you could see into from the bedroom, dependent upon if you had the blinds open?!

I would definately stay in a Dusit hotel again and we thoroughly enjoyed or stay - especially the Big Apple cocktails.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong
Reviewed November 29, 2010

It's a terrific hotel with beautiful modern design, so the lobby and the rooms are a joy to be in. The location with immediate access to the Night Bazaar was great for us, so that in the evening we could just stroll out the door. Awesome water pressure in the shower, which is always nice. Nice touches like little "gifts" every night and the turndown service included extra bottles of water for the next day to take out with you. The room was big enough with space for my little one to feel like she could roam and play.

Service was wonderful, with one-on-one check-in at the couches in the lobby, with nice welcome fruit drinks. But what topped it for us was the concierge service on the 7th floor. We went to Chiang Mai on the spur of the moment, so did practically no planning, other than to find the hotel before hand and grab a little Berlitz guide to Thailand. The concierge was super helpful with all kinds of planning, from trips to see elephants, monkeys and tigers, to a place for manicure / pedicures, to family-friendly restaurants. Quick and helped us get what we wanted, whatever it was.

The only downsides: the buffet breakfast is not included in price (at least in our pricing) and is quite expensive. However, we splurged and did Sunday brunch there, and it was quite delicious and enjoyable, but probably still not worth the price, just b/c there is such terrific cheap food in Thailand. (If you were yearning for a western breakfast though, maybe it's a go.) The wireless never really worked for us, but you could plug in for access in your room and they provided the cable. At night, they play club music in the lobby, which is no longer my thing after having a child, but you don't hear it after you leave the lobby. The spa is waaaaay expensive, and doesn't do basic services like mani/pedi/waxing. But spas are all over in Chiang Mai, just ask the concierge.

Overall, it's definitely a 4.5 star hotel and really made our trip. For the price, it felt like amazing value. We would stay there again, no question.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank gangstawong
curlyrainbow
Reviewed November 18, 2010

I am currently writing this review from my room in the dusit d2. Let me detail my trip from the begging.
After arriving in chiang mai (For the first time) we were greated by a friendly D2 Transfer guy who took us to the hotel - a super swift check in led us to our "upgraded room". We were upgraded to a studio suite - ohmygod - its beautiful. We were so shocked when we walked in, its got the most amazing bathroom, living room, bedroom, walk in wardrobe, two plasma tvs etc.
The staff here are so friendly and always willing to help. The night markets are right on your doorstep. We planned to hire a scooter but haven't needed to in two days because everything is so close to the hotel.
The breakfast is great with lots of choice - Have not ordered the room service yet- but I think we will on one night as the pricing are so reasonable.
There are so many amazing fresh seafood places to eat so close by so the food choices are perfect for anyone who is all about the food on a holiday (like me :)
Cant fault the hotel so far - its right up there for me!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
PNG
Reviewed November 7, 2010

My husband and I traveled with our friends to Chaing Mai and stayed at D2 for 3 nights. We are so impressed with the services, rooms, food, spa and we really had a good time. the final day, we were rushing to leave the hotel and I forgot my travel bag (I kept passport, tickets and money- thousands of US$) in the room. We traveled by a private bus to Chaing Rai. An hour later, on the way to Chaing Rai, my mother who lives in Chaing Rai called me that the hotel reception has informed her that I left my important documents and bag at the hotel. So we returned back to the hotel and found that the hotel has tried to find my contact via many channels as I did not write my mobile phone in Thailand on checking in. Luckily, they found my late father ID card in my travel bag (which I kept with me since he died) and they search the contact details via internet and found the number to call my mother. I have checked, nothing was missing from the bag.
This is an impressing service beyond an excellent services they provide. They have put their heart to provide the best service even after we left the hotel. I am thankful and congratulating for their sincere and heartful service. Suparat P.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
South Wales
Reviewed November 1, 2010

We arrived early in the vmorning after a long flight but our room was ready immediately. Staff made check in very easy. The deluxe rooms are large with good facilites - ours had a great view. The staff were constantly attentive and met our every need. The bar and restaurant wewre very stylish.

We had great breakfasts and the complimentary drinks and snacks were very welcome.

It is in a great location only yards from the night market but the hotel itself is quiet. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
perth
Reviewed October 26, 2010

We were 4 women on holiday together and stayed 3 nights here. We all loved the hotel decor, particularly the spaciousand stylish ground floor. The bar and breakfast were good. The pool was not overlooked by all the rooms, which I liked. Staff were terrific. They booked our elephant ride, flight of the gibbon and cultural show for us and checked on each occasion that we were picked up, and on return checked we had had a good time. Being right next to the night market was great for us, too.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed October 23, 2010

We stayed at the D2 for one night, arriving in the late afternoon when it was raining heavily. First thing to be noted is that the hotel has no roof in the entrance area to cover arriving cars, which means you will get wet when you arrive when it's raining.
Upon check-in we had to present proof of our Agoda booking, which was a bit of a problem since we just booked it the same day and had no print out available. Luckily I managed to forward the email receipt to them via my iPhone, but without this it would have been very awkward.
The rooms are decorated in a modern fashion, all expected amenities being there. Breakfast was not included, and quite costly when purchased separately, so we skipped. Noticeably, Wireless Internet was included and of excellent performance.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family