We checked in to the D2 for 3 nights, and were very pleasantly surprised. We had been travelling for almost 40 hours when we arrived and the staff were just awesome. Even though it was late, the doormen immediately unloaded our bags from our taxi and had them taken to the rooms. The check in process was quick and easy. We were given a nice room on a higher floor away from the elevator, which was very much appreciated.
The hotel itself has a very modern and refreshing design. They still had their Christmas decorations up, which gave the place a funky holiday feel. The lobby is very open and the bar is right there as well. We didn't eat at the restaurant while we were there, but it looked like it would be worth trying.
We found the room to be spacious enough for 3 people, even with a rollaway bed in it, which had already been placed in the room prior to our arrival. The bathroom was also a very good size. Everything was very clean and they provide free bottled water in the room, which was great. The bed was very comfortable, and we had a nice view of the city. Although we didn't have time to use them, the pool and the gym looked very nice as well.
You cannot beat the location of this property. It is literally less than a block away from the night market, a great place to walk around or eat. It is also close to the other larger market in Chiang Mai, about a 10 walk. It is also well within walking distance of great restaurants and bars.
The staff once again were great. We had scheduled various tours in Chiang Mai and the front desk and bell staff helped us find our tour guides each morning. They also helped arrange a taxi for us at check out and stored our bags for us after we checked out but before we actually left the hotel, which was very nice.
The only small issue we had was the surcharge for an extra person in the room which was almost $100. We thought that was a little excessive, so be cautious of that when making a reservation. The rate otherwise was very reasonable given how nice the hotel is. As with many properties abroad, you do need a key to get the lights and the A/C to work so keep that in mind as well.
Overall, a very nice new property that served our needs perfectly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- guests are welcomed by a warm chic interior that represents the refreshing urbane face of contemporary thai design, the deluxe, club deluxe, studio suite and D'suite accommodations are decorated to provide sanctuaries of comfort, privacy and delight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dusit D2 Chiang Mai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dusit d2 Chiang Mai Hotel Chiang Mai
- Dusit d2 Hotel Chiang Mai
- Dusit Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai Dusit d2
- d2 Hotel Chiang Mai
- d2 Chiang Mai