We have been to Chiang Mai a few times over the year and never stayed at the D2 before. It was always a kind of runner up. The main reason was that I always perceived it as designer, but dated as it has been around for a while.
However last time in CM we actually spent a few nights and I must say, how wrong I was.
The hotel can easily compete with design hotels in major global cities. The atmosphere is up-beat, service is immaculate, the 70s design is bright and creates a happy mood, the rooms are spacious, extremely well maintained and most importantly carry the design features from the rest of the hotel. From front desk to bath-tub, the theme is coherent.
The location is great, you are basically right in the middle of town with the night market at your door step. Despite the central location, you are not disturbed at night and get good sleep.
The only slight downer is the pool area, which is a bit basic.
Definite "must go" for Chiang Mai.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- guests are welcomed by a warm chic interior that represents the refreshing urbane face of contemporary thai design, the deluxe, club deluxe, studio suite and D'suite accommodations are decorated to provide sanctuaries of comfort, privacy and delight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dusit D2 Chiang Mai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dusit d2 Chiang Mai Hotel Chiang Mai
- Dusit d2 Hotel Chiang Mai
- Dusit Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai Dusit d2
- d2 Hotel Chiang Mai
- d2 Chiang Mai