The hotel is right in the middle of everything, a few short steps to the night markets which is amazing - never seen anything like it in my life & it's on every night!!
The room we had was on a smoking level, so request non smoking if you don't want the smell. However the room was huge! The photos make the rooms a lot smaller than they are. Staying for 5 nights it was great to be able to spread out!
Breakfast in the morning was good you have the usual eggs & bacon, but also a lot of Asian options aswell.
The pool is big too & wraps around half of the building. It's a shame the sun isn't on the pool for half the day as it was cold when the sun wasn't on the pool.
The staff are mostly friendly I found however on check out that they make you wait until the maids have checked the room before they will check you out - this took at least 15mins & we had a transfer to the airport (if I was aware of this I would have checked out earlier). I also asked the concierge to call the transfer company as they were running late (which at all major hotels I know they do for you) however the refused & acted dumb or didn't understand what I was saying. I found that a lot at all the places we stayed in Thailand their English is minimal & they ignore you most of the time & pretend to be on the phone instead of trying to help. Slightly annoying but most of the time they are more than helpful.
They also have a tour desk which was good for us as we only booked one tour prior to arriving so to have a local that knew about everything was great! A must do is the tigers - I think we paid 200thb for a taxi and they waited for us out there until we were done.
Overall our stay was most enjoyable I would definitely recommend for anyone to stay at the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoys an enviable location right in the heart of this charming city and just steps from the famous Chiang Mai Night Bazaar, a landmark for any visitor.This impressive high rise hotel offers comfortable accommodation and a host of facilities and services for the Chiang Mai bound visitor,24 Floors with 512 comfortable appointed rooms featuring Superior, Deluxe, Business Plus , Dynasty and Suites accommodations. The hotel’s extensive all day dining venue plays host to sumptuous buffets, themed evening and a extensive a la carte option bringing together the best of Italian , Japanese, International, Thai and Asian Cuisine.Perched atop of the hotel is the Sunflower Chinese Restaurant affording spectacular views of Chiang Mai and some of the best Chinese Cuisine this city has to offer.Italian, Poolside Bar and light meals, Lobby Lounge and bar with evening entertainment and 24 hour in –room dining also feature.Impressive leisure facilities feature a state-of the art gym and Fitness Centre , spacious pool and sun terrace, sauna, massage and Spa Cenvaree.Meet and Unite : This facilities offers a Grand Ballroom for up to 800 guests , 14 break out rooms, Service Centre and out door pavilion for activities, team building, theme parties and celebrations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Duangtawan Hotel Chiang Mai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Duangtawan Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai Centara Duangtawan