Yes this hotel is central, but that's as good as it gets. We paid the extra for a dynasty suite, well I would hate to see the standard rooms. Carpets worn, musty smell, thin walls could here rooms either side in their bathrooms and conversations. Included with our room was transfers but no one turned up to pick us up so we paid for taxi. Staff at reception played dumb when I queried them on arrival and didn't care they all spoke very little English. This hotel would be the rudest hotel we have stayed at in Thailand. The breakfast was absolute rubbish, ham floating in water that was their version of bacon, we only went to breakfast 2 days of our 5 day stay could not be bothered the rest of our stay . The shopping is not as fantastic as its made out to be, the famous markets are rubbish we didn't find anything to rave about in my opinion the shopping is better on Koh Samui and Phuket and Bangkok. Hence us cutting our stay short and heading back to Bangkok early. We wont be going back to chiangmai and definitely not back to this horrible hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoys an enviable location right in the heart of this charming city and just steps from the famous Chiang Mai Night Bazaar, a landmark for any visitor.This impressive high rise hotel offers comfortable accommodation and a host of facilities and services for the Chiang Mai bound visitor,24 Floors with 512 comfortable appointed rooms featuring Superior, Deluxe, Business Plus , Dynasty and Suites accommodations. The hotel’s extensive all day dining venue plays host to sumptuous buffets, themed evening and a extensive a la carte option bringing together the best of Italian , Japanese, International, Thai and Asian Cuisine.Perched atop of the hotel is the Sunflower Chinese Restaurant affording spectacular views of Chiang Mai and some of the best Chinese Cuisine this city has to offer.Italian, Poolside Bar and light meals, Lobby Lounge and bar with evening entertainment and 24 hour in –room dining also feature.Impressive leisure facilities feature a state-of the art gym and Fitness Centre , spacious pool and sun terrace, sauna, massage and Spa Cenvaree.Meet and Unite : This facilities offers a Grand Ballroom for up to 800 guests , 14 break out rooms, Service Centre and out door pavilion for activities, team building, theme parties and celebrations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Duangtawan Hotel Chiang Mai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Duangtawan Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai Centara Duangtawan