“Best in all”

Anantara Chiang Mai Resort
Ranked #10 of 387 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I have been to many hotels and resorts in Thailand. This resort is one of the best in all... The reasons are good location in the city and just by the Ping river, the property is good and well maintained (except a bit difficult to close the curtain in the room) and the housekeeping is the one I love most for this, it is one of superb. Everything is perfect provide a new towels, new bathrobe and ice ready during the day and night. A used cup or glass are wash clean all the time. The tiny details in the room that I love about this place. Also, the foods are yummy and I love the breakfast.

My trip is to relax during the long weekend to recharge battery and I did... I would love to go back there again, if I go to Chiang mai.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank MeiMeiMee
GM_AnantaraChiangMai, General Manager at Anantara Chiang Mai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Dear MeiMeiMee

Thank you for your wonderful review about your recent experience at Anantara Chiang Mai.

It is a pleasure to hear about your amazing story with us at Anantara Chiang Mai Resort & Spa. Such positive feedback is extremely valuable to us, since it encourages our loyal associates to deliver the very best experiences from the start to finish of each guest’s stay. Inspiration is a key hallmark of the Anantara brand, and we love to hear the things we are doing exceptionally well, so that we can build on the experiences we offer and make them even more amazing. It’s also crucial to know what matters to our guests the most, and we truly appreciate the time you’ve taken to share your views about our luxurious riverside retreat.

There are newer reviews for Anantara Chiang Mai Resort

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

The architecture, the design, the swimmingpool, the spa, the restaurant, the bedrooms, the service, the location in Chiang Mai. Nothing wrong. Everything was just perfect. We are really looking forward to coming back soon.
Congratulations!!!

Stayed: July 2014

Dear boyste

Thank you for your beautiful review of your recent stay at Anantara Chiang Mai.

It is a pleasure to hear about your amazing story with us. Such positive feedback is extremely valuable to us, since it encourages our loyal associates to deliver the very best experiences from the start to finish of each guest’s stay. Inspiration is a key hallmark of the Anantara brand, and we love to hear the things we are doing exceptionally well, so that we can build on the experiences we offer and make them even more amazing. It’s also crucial to know what matters to our guests the most, and we truly appreciate the time you’ve taken to share your views about our luxurious riverside retreat.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

I visited on 18 July and had the 10am guaranteed check in offered on the hotel website . The hotel arranged collection at the airport and knew my arrival time , but the room was still not ready at 12 . While the staff were v polite , essentially they told me I'd have to wait . It was only when I made a fuss and insisted on seeing a Manager that I was then given an upgrade , but then again , only after insisting . In other respects the experience was fine and the staff are charming , but I agree with other reviewers that the rooms and public spaces are dark

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank GXWLondon
GM_AnantaraChiangMai, General Manager at Anantara Chiang Mai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Dear GXWLondon

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback of your recent experience at Anantara Chiang Mai.

As a proud member of the Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas family, all of our associates are trained to the highest international standards and we constantly strive for customer service excellence and 100% guest satisfaction.

However please accept my apologize to any inconvenience you had caused. I will certainly discuss your feedback with the team as we are indeed currently reviewing all areas to see where we can lift to even higher levels.

Please rest assured that we will investigate your comments and make any changes necessary to improve our service offering, so that guests can look forward to journeys of luxurious discovery, in every aspect of their stay.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

From the moment I walked in I was 'wowed'. I also made it a habit to watch new guests from my balcony being wowed when they walked in. Every single one of them started taking pictures from the first minute. The rooms are beautiful, the balcony is perfect, the staff is very friendly, the restaurant has high quality food.
The pool is very big and pretty to look at.
3 minute walking distance to the night market.

Overall just wow

Room Tip: I had room 321. I recommend it as it has a nice view of the pool and hotel garden.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
GM_AnantaraChiangMai, General Manager at Anantara Chiang Mai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Dear Riwa91

Thank you for your beautiful review of your recent experience at Anantara Chiang Mai.

There is no doubt that the resort is well recognised internationally due to it's stunning architecture as well as it's personalized service. Needless to say, we are incredibly proud of the team here and their capacity to continually impress. I would agree that our location beside the Ping River creates a very relaxed and elegant resort atmosphere while being only steps away from the markets and buzz of the town of Chiang Mai.

Once again thank you for such a positive feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to Anantara Chiang Mai in the near future.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I been in the past when it was The Chedi Hotel, the hotel still very nice, beautiful design, it should maybe have some lifting in the room and bathroom but they still very nice. Bit dark as many thai places. lovely restaurant and wonderful spa. Sometimes too expensive. The staff is fantastic ! A bit noisy if you have a room next to the road and they should do something about the door slamming all the time!

Room Tip: better take a river view and not on the side of the road
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank tiger2669
GM_AnantaraChiangMai, General Manager at Anantara Chiang Mai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Dear tiger2669

Thank you for your constructive feedback of your recent experience at Anantara Chiang Mai.

While we totally respect the past history of this iconic hotel, I can assure you that it is our aim to lift service in key areas and we have received nothing but praise since the transition last year. I must admit that the team is the key to any successful hotel and there is no doubt that the team at Anantara Chiang Mai does their best to ensure guests experience the best that Chiang Mai has to offer. Please rest assure that I will certainly discuss your recommendations with the team as we are indeed currently reviewing all areas to see where we can lift to even higher levels.

We truly appreciate the time you’ve taken to share your views about our luxurious riverside retreat. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future and to making your stay even more amazing in any way we can. Thank you again from your Anantara family in Chiang Mai!

Yours sincerly,

Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Situated in the centre of Chiang Mai, conveniently close to the airport and other "must-sees" of the city. Quiet and peaceful resort.

Incredibly helpful staff. I was very impressed by this!

Thanks for a lovely stay!

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Uju51

Thank you for your nice review of your recent experience at Anantara Chiang Mai.

It sounds like you had wonderful stay while here in Chiang Mai. I would agree that our location beside the Ping River is a perfect base from which to explore the best that Chiang Mai has to offer. Needless to say, we are incredibly proud of the team here and their capacity to continually impress.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

It was shocked when I heard the Chedi changed to Anantara last year. We stayed in Chedi Chiang Mai a few years ago which was a very great experience. When we returned to Chiang Mai this year we had no doubt to choose Anantara as we love the brand Anantara so much...

There are some good and less good findings to mention:

Goods:-
- When we told the reception staff we stayed in Chedi before, she welcomed us back and offered a bottle of red wine to be delivered to us free of charge. So warm!
- The food in the restaurant in still tasty especially the noodle, egg benedict during breakfast. They offered many vegetarian choices but you have to choose from the menu. It may be a better choice apart from the buffet table.
- Good view and atmosphere for dinner in restaurant. Food is delicious especially the Thai food. Don't leave the bread basket in the table which is yummy.
- Variety of TV channels is good enough. We can watch FIFA World Cup in room although it was in Thai language.

Less good:-
- Our room is located in the 1st floor with no view at all. Although it mentioned to be more private, we still found some guests passed through outside the terrace.
- The room is quite dark during night time. I suggested the hotel should put more lights in the room.
- A bit crowded in the swimming pool.
- We found many Chinese guests who do not speak English. Resort can consider to hire some Chinese speaking staff or prepare Chinese menu.

Anyway, this Anantara is not the traditional Anantara style. Perhaps due to the change of management group from Chedi to nowadays Anantara. I would prefer Anantara to be more in Thai traditional style instead of modern style. But I still recommend this hotel to those who visit Chiang Mai.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Bird-Bird-Blogger

Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding to your recent stay at Anantara Chiang Mai.

Rest assured that we do indeed take such feedback to heart and I can only assure you that we understand the reputation and standards created by the team here at the property over the past ten years. I am delighted to inform that the team remains 100% in place and remains committed to raising the service higher and higher.

I will certainly discuss your comments and feedback with the team as we are indeed currently reviewing all areas to see where we can lift to even higher levels.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts and we hope to welcome you back to Anantara Chiang Mai in the near future.