“Marvellous”

Anantara Chiang Mai Resort
Ranked #9 of 389 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I don't have a negative word to say. The staff are a delight! They really couldn't be more helpful. The room service couldn't be more prompt. I managed to fuse the lights in our room gone midnight (yes I may have had a drink!) but the maintenance chap was in our room sorting it out within 10 minutes while I shamefacedly looked on!

We didn't try the spa so can't comment on that, nor did we eat there other than breakfast (10 out of 10 for that) though poolside snacks were delicious.

The decor of the hotel and grounds especially the pool are very serene and relaxing.

If you want to chill and be pampered this is the place.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I'm not one for posting reviews and this will be short because I'm still so tired from my return travel.
The Chedi was a last minute decision for us. We were originally scheduled to stay elsewhere but were disappointed with that hotel, found the Chedi (lucky us) and walked in off the street asking about availability.
In short, this was the BEST decision we made on the entire trip.
From the moment we walked on to the compound (as we called it) to the moment we were dropped off at the airport by the Chedi driver, our stay was perfect.
There are a couple of other 5 star hotels in/around Chiang Mai but this hotel made the stay so personal, so peaceful and so perfect, I'd only consider returning to stay at the Chedi.
Go for a Club Suite if you can. The benefits make a big difference.
Re the spa, pricey but the hot stone massage is one to remember. I wouldn't get another pedicure there, however.
Thanks to the staff, Cee (front desk) in particular and the staff in the Club Lounge.

Room Tip: Ask to face the river and definitely, if you can afford it, go for the club suites.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bea S
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The four nights we stayed at the Chedi just wasn't enough - the ambiance, the staff, the restaurant, the room, the Spa, the facilities, the whole property - all boutique, all stunning, all perfect.

"A style to remember" is their motto - well it certainly was.

We availed several of the tourist packages through the hotel - a small (very) premium yes, but a personal service, friendly guide and driver and a private car - perfect!

Breakfast - we would defy anyone finding better, wagu steak and eggs, why not you're on holiday!

Lunch - too full from breakfast.

Dinner - true 5 star dining, 5 star quality, 6 star location - what to chose from an extensive and interesting menu in an authentic colonial atmosphere with contemporary touches?

The club package offers great value for money also, the boutique shop unique in it's products and if there was only one downside I recall that the staff didn't read my mind on perhaps one occasion!

Can't wait for the next vist - still lots left on the menu!

Room Tip: Any room - but upgrade to Chedi Club
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shirleyandtony
Reviewed September 8, 2012

This was simply the best hotel we've ever stayed in. It is a boutique experience. You won't want to leave the hotel to see Chiang Mai! The staff are the best we've ever seen. Highly recommended. We were welcomed by the manager of the hotel which was a lovely touch.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I would say, it is the best hotel that I ever stayed until this moment. The privilege experience being when I made my reservation , they always replied my inquires timely and provided useful assistance no matter in what kinds of communication channels. Like airport transfers, car rental and local information etc. All the staffs I met were not just friendly, but professional.

I chose the club suite, when I arrived at the hotel by hotel's pick up service, there's already one staff stood at the hotel's entrance to welcome me and lead me into the club lounge to finish the check-in service, one butler was assigned to take care of me during my stay, he did deserve my compliment, the room was well-allocated for different functions, the design was significant, free mini bar (included alcohol drinks) and 7 pieces laundry were definitely a plus. The club lounge offered excellent drinks, the evening canapes was great, although the F&B variety (include the breakfast) was not as generous as the big brand hotels, but the quality and the taste for sure would impress you.

The spa of the hotel was little bit pricey, however, the treatment was fabulous, the therapists were excellent. Unlike the other five stars hotels' spa I ever did, the Chedi therapists, they never spoke to each other and had a magic hands, I was totally respected and truly relaxed.

The design of the hotel was marvelous, although it located just right besides the road, however, when you get into the hotel area, it's so silent and peace, especially when I was lying on the daybed on the balcony in my room. The garden, the pool, the lobby, the restaurant, every detail of the hotel was well-think through by the designer and the management and staffs. I thought the money I spent to this hotel was 101% no regret.

By the way, just a some friendly suggestion to the hotel, if would be make the hotel better if they serve a seat at the entrance hall and provide HD tv sport programs.

Room Tip: Club suite
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank FCG_Macau
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This review is late – I travelled in Thailand in Jan/Feb this year - this place deserved a mention!

On arrival, and from the outside i wasn't over impressed, it looked at first like a multi storey car park – however, what sits behind the façade of this hotel is quite amazing – a haven of understated elegance!

I was quite overwhelmed by the serenity of the place, it’s quite beautiful – minimal and sophisticated but not overly to make it intimidating! The design and attention to detail has been carefully thought out to perfection – the rooms are just gorgeous.

The service is impeccable – they even give you fragranced mosquito repellent at the riverside bar in the evening.

What I really loved about the Chedi was the breakfast terrace. Set on the banks of the tranquil river Ping you could have a long leisurely breakfast as the sun came up – the choice or buffet mixed with al la carte was superb – so much choice, the coffee was great too – and plentiful!

Stunning hotel with superb service – I will return!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank dieselbloke
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stay four nights here and enjoy every second. The room is elegantly decorated. The baby cot and everything they prepare for the babies are perfect. The daybed on the balcony offers a relaxed corner. The bathroom is well arranged although the pottery pots for shower gel and shampoo is a bit slippery so we broken one of it. However the hotel replace a new one without charging us a cent.
Breakfast is another highlight. The a la carte menu can be ordered as much as you want. There are many options for fresh fruit and freshly made juices. The seats outdoor are nice when we can enjoy the meal by the river.
Swimming pool is surrounding by lotus pool and overlooking ping river. The change room beside pool is relatively small so we prefer to change in our own room.
The location is good. There are lots massage shops and food vendors nearby. There is also a small night market across the road. All in all, we are very satisfied with this amazing place.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family