“The best hotel in Chiang Mai”

Anantara Chiang Mai Resort
Ranked #10 of 386 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Managua, Nicaragua
“The best hotel in Chiang Mai”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We just enjoyed the most pleasant accomodation during our honeymoon! This is a 7 star hotel! The staff is so welcomming and everything about the place is beautiful. You have complimentay everything! We literally didnt want to leave the hotel! I will be looking for more locations of this place in the future. The manager, from Germany, was absolutely kind and focused on details, we really loved the place. Look no more!its worth every penny!

Room Tip: No matter which room you choose you will have the time of your life!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed June 27, 2012

When I first started to plan my trip I came across the CHEDI and thought Id love to stay here. After searching for hours on the internet I found the price that I was looking for and booked 4 nights in MAY 2012. The price was still out of my budget but for what I got I was so pleased. We arrived at the hotel with a lovely welcome, but what strikes you first is the décor which is exquisite. We were tempted to upgrade to the club suite but decided not to as the cost was far too much. However the price I paid here would only get half the size room in the UK so my husband and I enjoyed every bit of it! It was low season so the hotel was really quiet, but that made the stay even more special. the staff were very attentive to our needs and friendly. We had booked one of their elephant trekking tours from the hotel however I became ill the night before and informed the staff and they didn't charge us for cancelling, instead they let us have a longer check out for free knowing that I was poorly! The hotel is not on the cheap side but I didn't expect it to be and if you go here you shouldn't expect bargains but pure luxury The service they provided would be of 7 star quality in the UK and for that reason I can not say a bad word about our stay! I would definitely recommend this for couples on their honeymoon!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrsMahil
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2012

The Chedi Chiang Mai is one of the most beautiful hotels we have ever had the privilege to stay in. From arrival to departure the service was truly impeccable, with the staff always on hand for considerate, informative service (without ever being intrusive) which goes above and beyond anything we have ever experienced, The 6 nights my boyfriend and I spend here were absolutely second to none.

We were in a club suite and feel that the additional cost was most certainly money well spent. The services provided with the room upgrade included direct transport both to and from the airport in a luxury air conditioned private car (complete with cold towels to freshen up after a stuffy flight), complimentary mini bar replenished daily, laundry service (they even iron and fold your underwear beautifully!) as well as a much larger open plan room with balcony (day bed and table and chairs). One of the best perks for club suite members was access to the club lounge of an evening for complimentary cocktails and canapés, something we took full advantage of with the wonderful staff even remembering drinks you enjoyed on previous nights and always on hand for expert suggestions.

The location of the hotel is perfect, along the Ping River and just far away enough from the hustle and bustle of the vibrant city centre to allow peace and quiet but still walking distance to the fabulous night market and city walls (a tuk tuk in case of rain costing little more than £1-.£2)
They've even thought to provide a vast array of DVDs to borrow to watch in your room, on the enormous plasma screen TV and Bose surround sound system in case the rainy season were to scupper any outdoor plans. However with the beautiful spa and delicious afternoon tea on offer at the restaurant (which we would highly recommend as a treat, just for the mango macaroons alone!) there are plenty of options to keep you entertained within the hotel itself, and even umbrellas provided if you choose to brave the rain!! There really isn't anything they haven't thought of to make your stay here perfect.

We honestly couldn't recommend this hotel enough. It made for an absolutely unforgettable stay and was most certainly one of the biggest highlights of our trip to Thailand. We will most definitely return to the Chedi in the future if we are able and we would once again like to thank Stefan and the Team for making it such a wonderful stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MissT44
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 26, 2012

The room was really lovely and my favorite part was the private balcony with a cozy day bed. They provide mosquito repellent coils and in the evening at turn down service, they plug in an electric mosquito repellent and being right on the water this was exteamly useful! I also liked how private it felt and the only annoyance I felt was that they seemed to be stopping by to cleen or refresh the coffe bar or turn down service or I don't know what else but if you want to be left alone be sure to put the sign on the door cuz they will just walk right in!
The breakfast is lovely and the pool was my wonderful. The poolside lounge chairs where so comfortable and they bring you a lovely face spray and sented water. It's all very serene. And it's just walking distance to the night market. At night it's lit beautifully and is very romantic. There were two weddings there at the time of my stay. Oh and the soaps and bath salts in the room were fantastic! The deep tub was bliss... They sell wonderful bath products at the spa too.

• Stayed June 2012
Reviewed June 23, 2012

And this hotel has it in droves.
From the sand in the ashtrays at the elevators to the traditional music played in the evenings In the lobby, thishotel must be up there as one of the best in the world.nothing is too much trouble for the staff who are forever courteous, polite and, attentive to every need.
Situated on the ping river and near the night market in chiang mai this THE place to stay. We took a club suite room and were amazed at the quality and luxury of the accommodation.
We were told by a tour guide that it was a five star hotel and going to be a six star and I can well believe it.
Our experience of feeling like real VIPs for a few days and we will never forget it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Semi42
Australia
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This review has been on my mind since we returned from Thailand at the beginning of May.
I am torn between the exceptional quality of the hotel, rooms, spa, food and an aloofness and attitude of some staff, overcharging, and the club amenities that were unavailable to us due to travelling with children.
So, we stayed in a club suite and the architecture and room layout was stunning. Loved it. Heaps of room, extra beds for the children, quality fittings. Great.
The hotel itself is also beautiful and makes you feel relaxed wandering around.
The spa treatments were amazing, DH and I had three each, and they had a great special running: buy one get one free. Well worth the cost even compared to how much you pay outside the hotel.
The breakfast was divine and we loved the main restaurant so much we only ate in the club room once. Sitting next to the waterfalls was peaceful.
Room Service was also quick and yummy each time we ordered.

The negatives were an overcharge on checkout and the attitude that went along with this from the staff member in the club lounge. We eventually sorted the issue out but it tarnished the stay as I had to "prove" my version of events from a reservation email from our original booking 6 months prior. Disappointing. It wasn't a small amount of cash I was disputing either.
Some staff, all of those in the main hotel and restaurant, were amazing and friendly and it felt like you were in Thailand; it's why we visit there so often. The people.
Then in the club lounge there was almost a snooty aloofness that emanated. We have stayed in club lounges many times and even though it is an area that can exude class and money it has always been friendly and welcoming.
Finally, the club lounge canapes and drinks only allow children above the age of 13 during the hours. I asked if we could visit and take afew mezes back to the suite for our children and this request was refused.
Our children are well-travelled and used to staying in lovely hotels. They are not allowed to run, be noisy etc in places where adults congregate and we often take ipods for them to play quietly in situations like this.
I respect that there is an adult time at the club lounge, but would have been happy to have had this information passed on to me when we booked this category of accommodation. It was not.
The pool is lovely and honestly I would stay here again.
Just afew disppointments that tarnished our stay.
We stayed for 6 nights in April.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank carls888
San Francisco
Reviewed June 15, 2012

It has actually been 2 years since staying here. Not sure why I had never reviewed, but this morning I woke up thinking of the hotel and realized I needed to sing it's rightful praise. I stayed for 5 nights, and it was by far the best hotel while visiting in Thailand. We stayed in a club suite which was riverside. The room was fantastic, offered privacy and a great view on the porch outside, and the resort itself has an amazing zen feel throughout. Beyond the beauty of the hotel, what stood out most was the service. Having the personalized service from booking a club suite was definitely worth the extra cost. Breakfasts were amazing, but beyond that they were helpful and willing to take care of everything and anything. Unfortunately while there, on my birthday nonetheless, I woke up in the middle of the night with a swollen eye (no fault of hotel...it was pinkeye). In going to breakfast, they showed great concern and took me to a local clininc. Being unfamiliar with Thailand, and only my 3rd day in the country, they stayed with me the whole time, guiding me to the right doctor, etc. In a situation where I was initially nervous due to being in a foreign country and needing medical attention, I left feeling like they made the situation as seamless as possible. I look forward to returning one day and will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple