Lowest prices for your stay
$13
Free cancellation until 09/24/21
Priceline$14
Travelocity$13
CheapTickets$13
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Changed rooms as I didn't like looking over a Bridgestone tyre company and the noisy staff at 6am. Room was better second time looking over the pool but bathroom was really gross, mouldy and smelly. I didn't use the toilet it grossed me out too much and I'm not a clean freak by any means. Toilets by the pool are much nicer.
Bed /pulliws was like rocks! Noisy a/c. Strange key system u need to turn it on the wall to work electricity in ur room. Was noisy so I turned it off at night.
Stains on sheets. Place full of old single men! Only positive was the pool big, cold and clean a place to sit in the sun or shade. Ok location for Sunday night market.
Try the castle much nicer or Mai ping !

Date of stay: December 2012
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We were passing thru CM on our way south and decided to spend the night so the Lai Thai GH was a convienent choice as they also have a parking lot. We were given a room on the ground floor in the back and if I hadn't been so tired I would have requested another room as this one had that unused moldy smell. The room itself was a bit dated but comfy enough with fridge, TV, A/C. Great location as easy walk to the markets at Chiang Mai Gate, Tapae Gate and the night market as well as sites inside the old city. For B 790 it was ok. Having only stayed 1 night we didn't have much interaction with the staff but the ones we did deal with (front desk) were very nice and helpful.

Room tip: Try to avoid the rooms on the ground floor in the back unless a moldy smeeling odor doesn't bother you.
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cockerdog
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Had a twin room which was a good size clean & had hot shower, the pool looks nice but I did not go in, was not impressed with the 10% service charge they add on to your bill if you eat in there restruant. Hotel in good location for market & night life

Date of stay: November 2012
2  Thank GLW2
Reviewed October 18, 2012

i stayed here for a 3 nights with some friends while visiting chang mai. at first i thought the hotel was going to be of an excellent standard judging by the view when walking through the front entrance, however i was mistaken. after paying almost 3,000 baht (£60) for the room (i wouldnt call this a bargain). we were shown down an odd looking mirrored corridor, down a dark slope covered in old potted plants and leaks from the pipes above. we then walked past some oddly placed beaten up tables to find ourselves in what can only be discribed as a mould smelling cell? the walls were decorated in leaf? or wood intwined? we had an open cupboard in our room which was damp smelling and very unusualy as to its usage? it looked as though it should be a wardrobe but looked more like an oldfashioned shower. we had comfy beds with fresh towels daily. the maids also cleaned our room each day. the mirror in our room had a hand print on and a long runny stain which made me feel uneasy as the room was dark and dingy as it was. the 'window' in our room was really none existant. when i finaly got the courage to attempt to open the lined glass flaps i realised that behind was a little dip filled with sand and a brick wall (i havnt a clue where it led to). we could hear people from outside the hotel talking alot, there may have been a bar there (although i must admit this didnt bother me).
the bathroom wasnt brilliant. the toilet lid would never stay up while sitting, so you constantly got hit with the lid. our toilet was leaking an awful lot and this lasted for around half an hour after flushing the toilet. it leaked from the toilet handle which was strange... ran to the floor and all over the bathroom. the shower was quite powerfull and the heat adjustent was perfect (i hate cold showers). i often went into the back garden area (where we were shown down the ramp) for a cigarette and often came across 'ratty' the rat that was completely unfazed by humans.. he was actualy quite sweet and didnt bother me although im sure most guests would have ran for their lives. there was big containers in the garden with tiny tiny fish in, it was crawling with mosquittos. but apart from this the garden area was nice with a swing and a romantic little white table swing.
before i left to catch the bangkok train i ate eggs for my breakfast and noticed halfway through that the top was complete jelly so stopped eating, at this point it must have been to late as i suffered with S&D the whole train journey :( gutted.

all in all this hotel is perfect for travelers passing through living for the experiance but couples and familys i wouldnt recommend stay here.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank carlathefrog
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I adore Lai Thai for 9 years now. Is only cos I fall in love with the staff and the loyalty they have of making a person come back to Chiang Mai. When I think of Chiang Mai everyday, I think of the Lai Thai guesthouse. Everything in Chiang Mai is in the palm of your hands when you stay at the Lai Thai. The people of Chiang Mai are in the palm of your hands. They love you. Love them back. Best place in this world is Chiang Mai. Lai Thai is wonderful place. I could live there forever.

Room tip: Fall in love with it.
Date of stay: March 2012