We spent 3 nights at Dhara Dhevi, and it was very special. The welcome was warm, and turndown the first night was very romantic. The breakfast was fantastic, and sitting outside was a treat when warm enough. We rented a bike while we were there which made it quick and fun to get around. We even did a walking meditation with the awesome boxing instructor one morning, and would have booked another class if we were there longer. It is a bit far from the old city (however very affordable, at 200 baht), and can be tough to get transportation home, but if you are someone that does OK with a schedule, there is a free shuttle going to/from the hotel with set times. They helped us arrange a day with Patara Elephant Farm in the last minute, which was one of the most memorable parts of our entire trip. A must if you want to "own" and elephant for a day. Book ahead in the high season! Lastly, we would like to give a special thanks to Ecko, who could have not been more hospitable, thank you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai is set on 60 acres of verdant tranquil grounds in the historical heartland of Northern Thailand. The hotel's unique design draws from the region's rich architectural and cultural heritage that flourished during the Lanna period, which lasted from the mid-13th century until the mid-16th century, and enjoyed a further resurgence in the last 200 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi, Chiang Mai Hotel Chiang Mai
- Mandarin Oriental Chiang Mai
- Mandarin Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai Mandarin Oriental