When we first stayed at this hotel it was still under the management of Mandarin Oriental (spring 2013) and there were many things that needed improvement. Even though we liked the concept we didn’t enjoy our stay. The Dhara Devi is made like a luxury version of a Thai village. But this concept is only working if the villas, gardens, parks, padi fields, temples, restaurants, spas etc. are very well maintained.
Now that we returned to Chiang Mai in February 2014 and we heard that the owner had separated from the Mandarin Oriental and would actually manage the hotel himself we thought we’ll give it a second try.
And guess what? Everything has so much improved that you almost think this must be a different hotel! Now it is really perfect and the Dhara Devi has raised the bar for luxury hotels worldwide! With a lot of devotion to all details, the gardens, parks, padi fields and Villas in traditional Lanna style, temples, restaurants, spas were renovated and rearranged and that definitely was worth the effort! Now we enjoyed every moment of our stay and we loved strolling or cycling around in this ample compound. Even after days you still haven’t seen it all …
The breakfast buffet leaves nothing to be desired, the restaurants are excellent and the service extraordinary. All staff members were very friendly and attentive.
We think the Dhara Devi of today is definitely the best hotel we’ve seen and absolutely recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai is set on 60 acres of verdant tranquil grounds in the historical heartland of Northern Thailand. The hotel's unique design draws from the region's rich architectural and cultural heritage that flourished during the Lanna period, which lasted from the mid-13th century until the mid-16th century, and enjoyed a further resurgence in the last 200 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi, Chiang Mai Hotel Chiang Mai
- Mandarin Oriental Chiang Mai
- Mandarin Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai Mandarin Oriental