The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai
Ranked #1 of 393 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Visited this hotel the first time on a company sponsored meeting. I was overwhelmed at the sheer beauty of the property upon arrival. The check-in was a bit tedious due to the number of our party arriving at the same time, but this was quickly forgotten due to the hospitality of the staff and the cordial greeting.

My room was awesome, spacious, with wonderful view. Large bathroom with strong and hot shower (a must for me) with plenty of closet space. Bed was very comfortable and the air conditioning was perfect.

As mentioned, the facility is exceptional and the grounds are second to non as far as landscaping and overall beauty goes. Plenty of paths and walkways which are well marked. The rice paddy in the idle of the place near the bungalows was a nice change.

The fitness centre is adequate, could use more weights (if you are a serious weight lifter) but it works and you can get what you need done with a little effort.

The food was as good as I have eaten at any hotel in Asia. Thai dishes were superb an the western food was really nice. Enjoyed the variety at breakfast. The bar was well stocked and the staff there was genuinely cordial and funny. also enjoyed the pool bar as well (check out the pool in the early morning...quite quiet and refreshing, well maintained.

Tours arranged by the hotel were exceptional, visited the elephant sanctuary and a local traditional village in the area.

I am looking forward to a visit with my wife in the near future. this hotel is one of the best I have ever had the pleasure of staying in.

Room Tip: Rooms in Building C were exceptional, and I look forward to trying the bungalows on my next visit.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GlobalNomadity
Write a ReviewReviews (1,376)

Reviewed May 18, 2013

One of our favourite hotels anywhere this hotel deserves at least a week of any serious travellers time.spectacular and unique it is a destination in its own right..the three restaurants are unmissable and range of activities amazing..a word of warning.. If you have come from Bangkok you may find the service a little slow ..relax and you will find you mellow into the spirit of this haven of peace

Room Tip: Choice fantastic..go for a villa and nothing will ever be as good again!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Splendid hotel with everything but more than you would expect from a hotel! Got upgraded from normal villa to deluxe villa with jacuzzi. The villa have 2 floors, with living area with indoor and outdoor area (indoor with tv and Piano) and pantry on g/f, bedroom and bathroom with outdoor jacuzzi on 1/f. You could rent (for free) the latest DVD selection from the hotel library's wide collection (miniature block buster) and enjoy a relaxing night enjoying movies and beer.

As for hotel entertainment, there is a humongous lap pool around the colonial suites for those who wishes for a sporty swim and a tropical pool by the villas overlooking the awesome rice paddy fields! I spent my afternoons chilling by the pool listening to lounge jazz on my iPod, watching birds and dragon flies flying in and out of the rice fields. In the late afternoon, I took my bike (free to rent from the hotel) and cycled down the villas pathway exploring other parts of the huge hotel site, stopped at the largest paddy fields, parked my bike and walked into the fields to enjoy the nature with nice breeze and the natural environment (bonus was I had all this to myself as there were no visitors or staff at all). After the paddy exploration, grabbed my map and cycled down to the organic farm. You can see all the veggies there available on the breakfast buffet table (how fresh could that be!). The food in general is nicely presented, tasty and coffee lovers must try the ice coffee at the mandarin oriental coffee shop at the shopping village just outside of the entrance, it's awesome!

I would definitely give 9.9 out of 10 for the hotel! Sorry the 0.1 went to the crappy TV we had our villa. I'm sure the hotel could afford and at least upgrade the old 90's type TV to a LED/plasma (it's 2013 mate!)

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I would recommend this property to anyone who visits Chiang Mai - it was simply wonderful. I travel about150 days a year and this is probably one of the nicest resorts I have ever been too. Just lovely, wonderful people and attentive service. A+

Room Tip: Any room is unbelievable
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Maria910
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

We visited with our young children (8,7 and 2) an we all had a blast. The location is fantastic and all areas I the resort are easily accessible by short flat bike ride, walk or golf cart.
Service was impeccable throughout the hotel. Everyone seemed genuinely interested in making the stay as memorable as possible. The kids club was very enjoyable for our children. We also participated in the family rice planting activity which was great. We booked two tours at the hotel and both where very well arranged and
without fault. We had meals at the all the restaurants and cry time the food was great and they had no problem making special arrangements for our kids meals. The only downside we could find is that it is an expensive experience, but one that we enjoyed thoroughly.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I don't really know where to start in reviewing this hotel. It is truly beautiful, the service is exceptional, the rooms perfect and the restaurants wonderful.

It is rare to go somewhere where not only is there nothing to fault, but they constantly exceed the very high expectations you very quickly come to have. We travelled with 4 year old twin girls - they were treated like little princesses and this made our holiday so much easier - if the kids are happy, you are happy!

The food across the hotel is great, but we really would single out the French restaurant - the ambiance, service and top quality food made this possibly one of the best places we have ever eaten.

Without doubt, this is one of the very best hotels in the world and the team there should be incredibly proud of what they have achieved.

Room Tip: Choose a villa if you can afford it.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We went to Chiang Mai to celebrate my birthday and stayed at this hotel for three nights.The hotel is very huge and the building is very beautiful.The architecture is a art and impressed us.We have to take buggy car or ride bicycle(which all complimentary) to go around this hotel because it's big up to 60 acres.Our room is deluxe villa which had two floors .The villa is spacious and the bed is comfortable.But we rarely use the the living room at first floor because it is open space and atoo much mosquitoes.The sleeping quality is good except the third night we were waken up at midnight due to the sudden air conditioner sharp noise.The breakfast is great and had a lot of category to choose.The food is delicate and delicious. The dining environment is great and had beautiful view at terrace.I am very enjoy the leisure activities at hotel.There are two beautiful swimming pools, library,tennis court and rice field.We participate the rice planting activity,massage class,fitball exercise declass and horse car riding.They were all funny and interesting.The staffs are friendly and the service is good but as not good as I expect.We tried all restaurants and the taste are good.Overall it is still a great resort for vocation especially riding bicycle exploring this huge hotel and swim with beautiful view are all fantastic.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple