The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai
$104
$88
$123
$110
De Naga Hotel(Chiang Mai)
$105
$43
$133
$56
1,425 results
All reviewscolonial suitethai restaurantrice fieldswater buffalomandarin orientalkids clubcake shople grand lannacolonial poolfarang seslanna kingdomshopping villagegolf buggiesloy khamrice planting activityplunge poolfour seasons
Reviewed December 16, 2012

There is little to add to the reviews that have been posted before mine but it is so good it seems wrong not to say anything. The setting is magical, the staff are amazing, the service is exceptional. We stayed a few years ago and have just returned for a short visit because we could not resist and were delighted to find that it still exceptional.

It is not designed for kids in the traditional way with slides etc but the team have plenty to offer younger guests that they will not find in other hotels,the school news book story about planting rice in a paddy field or looking after a water buffalo has to be special.

The spaced out site gives you plenty of privacy but may be a challenge if you can not walk far but don't that that stop you the staff are more than happy to run you round in the golf buggies and even the most mobile guests make use of it in the rain and after a few cocktails in the Horn Bar.

An exceptional place that it is worth saving up for and even going out of your way to experience.

2  Thank Sarah C
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I use tripadvisor often, by now, I stopped reading 5* reviews titled "best experience of my life", etc.
Mandarin Chiang Mai is an unusual property, it does feel a bit like Disney Land at first but we got to appreciate it better after a couple of days. Service is excellent, Spa is ok (4/5 in our experience). We stayed at the villa by the rice field. Villas are old and tired, if you expect luxury - it isn't, just be prepared and not get dissapointed. Mosquitoes other reviewers wrote about - wasn't a problem for us, we only entcountered a few, hotel does a good job. Food was great (5/5). Proximity to old town is a great benefit.
All in all, I would recommend this hotel if you go to Chiang Mai, but manage your expectations.

2  Thank mindalert
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Before I write a review, I re-read the most recent reviews by others. The other reviews are so good I don't think I can add much. As you can see by my other reviews, I have stayed at an impressive array of 5-star hotels and resorts over the years. This trully is among the best in the world. Very difficult to justify leaving the resort. Let me give you an example of how good the service is. The baby was napping so my son-in-law and I ordered room service (called "private dining" here) lunch and asked that it be delivered to the patio rather than the front door. The set-up and food and setting was so good (we were staying in colonial suites) that we suggested dinner on the patio to our wives. First, I saw our butler and asked about mosquitoes at night. She said she would set up extra anti-bug wicks before our dinner and asked what time we would be eating...result..no bugs. I ordered dinner and asked if they could bring three of the dishes first and the others a little later (how many hotels would you even think of asking this from room service?). I called back when I realized I had not ordered wine and asked if they had the list of wines I saw featured in the menu at their Thai restaurant a couple of night prior. She said she would call back in a couple of minutes. She called back in one minute and told me what wine I had ordered two night prior. The food arrived seemlessly in the two waves requested with perfect timing. We sat on the patio with after dinner drinks and wacthed a spectacular thunder storm. Clean?...two maids clean the colonial suites each day and they spend an hour and half cleaning. Of course, there is turn-down clean up as well. Definitely visit both pools. Definitely use the spa.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Beachbilly
Reviewed December 9, 2012

By far the BEST resort I've had the pleasure of staying in. There is nothing at all I can fault about this resort, and I'm not sure I'll ever experience a better resort stay than this!

I like:
1) How the resort itself is modeled after an ancient Lanna kingdom. It comes complete with a temple, plenty of Burmese and Lanna inspired buildings, and surprises at every turn!
2) The working rice fields in the resort is a great touch - you can see workers tending to the fields daily, and there are rice planting activities for guests (some are complimentary, others paid). The landscaping work is just superb!
3) Some days of the work, there is a complimentary cultural tour explaining the cultural aspects of this amazing resort. I highly recommend this for a much better understanding and appreciation of the resort.
4) I stayed in the Colonial Suite, and believe me, photos will NOT do this any justice. The room is huge, with a living area, a bed room, 2 toilets, a Jacuzzi, a walk in wardrobe, and a bathroom. Not to mention a huge balcony too. It's very continental in its design.

My thoughts:
1) Do stay at least a full day in the resort to enjoy and appreciate the entire resort's surroundings and facilities. The free bicycles that you can pick up at the Fitness Center is a great tool to do so.
2) Try both the pools.
3) Do try out the Thai restaurant, Le Grand Lanna. It's amazing.

Room Tip: 1) Colonial Suites are located closer to the hotel lobby and facilities, but do not have any rice field views. 2) Every villa is different - no two are exactly the same. Try get those closer to the rice field - the view is amazing!
2  Thank mozilla_monster
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I think this is my favorite hotel, I stayed in many hotel before(I got RA in IHG, SPG plAtinum, ACCOR platinum). I have many chance to stay in many luxury hotel. However this one is total different. It`s not just a hotel, It`s a temple, a palace, every corner is so beatiful. Even walking in the hotel is like in a histric place. The service also very very incredle,

Room Tip: for couple choice colonal suite, for family and group choice villa
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple