I stayed at this hotel in August 2008 and, as I was not a Tripadvisor member at that stage, I am only writing about it now. In fact, let it be said that is how long the memory lingers on of such a fine resort. I stayed here for a week and travelled alone. I had the most memorable experience, pampered with excellent service, food and activities to fill every moment of the day. The library was a wonderful place in which to work, explore, read, relax or even just pick up either a cd or a dvd, and the choices were infinite. The architecture was beautiful. The service was underlined with graciousness, generosity and kindness. Never before and never again have I had such impeccable service, I was truly humbled. I learnt a lot about the Thai as a people. I had occasion to travel to the Mhong village and to the great temple at the top of the hill. The view was spectacular. I also took a tour to ride elephants in the forests - an experience I could never forget.
My accommodation at the Dhara Dhevi was superb. I had dinner at the Chinese, as well as at the Thai restaurant on the resort and I had tea at the tearoom in the village and I can say that the food is amazing and of course the service immaculate.
Sometimes, I decided to have dinner under my gazebo at my villa overlooking the rice fields. i was served like royalty. My table prepared for me, with a fresh orchid and new candle and then my diner was served for me. The waiters even wanted to wait on me whilst I had my dinner, although I preferred to call them once i had eaten.
Although I travelled alone, I was always welcomed with open arms.
The spa at the resort needs particular mention. I had the Indian treatment and at the end of it I felt 10 years younger, totally relaxed and a new person. I would highly recommend anyone visiting this resort to have at least one spa treatment.
I will certainly visit this fine resort again in the near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai is set on 60 acres of verdant tranquil grounds in the historical heartland of Northern Thailand. The hotel's unique design draws from the region's rich architectural and cultural heritage that flourished during the Lanna period, which lasted from the mid-13th century until the mid-16th century, and enjoyed a further resurgence in the last 200 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi, Chiang Mai Hotel Chiang Mai
- Mandarin Oriental Chiang Mai
- Mandarin Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai Mandarin Oriental