“Disgusting”

Ranked #293 of 383 Hotels in Chiang Mai
London, United Kingdom
“Disgusting”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

As some of the other reviews state, this hotel seems ok from the lobby. That is where it ends. The rooms are filthy and the headboards have stains all over them. There were people (I am guessing employees of the hotel) shouting and making a commotion outside of my room until 2 am. Usually I can block this noise out, but was actually worried for my safety I couldn't sleep. Breakfast was just plain gross and the tablecloths were dirty. I thought for sure I would see a rat scurrying across the dining hall. Disgusting and I certainly did not feel safe. The rooms are a nice size though and they do provide a mini van service to the night markets and access to various tours if desired.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank SarahWK12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
nsw
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Bp chiang Mai

From the out side it look impressive hotel, but that where it stops been impressive
It's clean but it has aged now the room we booked was big but I just faced a wall with no view at all pretty disappointing !
It's clean but the ceiling had some water damage breakfast is the worst I have every seen at a hotel better eat at a Cafe down the road after the first day in the hotel I couldn't eat the food here not much thought give to westerns taste no cereals only white bread mostly Asians foods.

There is a free Mimi van to the night market at 7:00pm one the first night it ran on time we waited in the lobby for van on the next night they was 8 of us waiting in the lobby for the van, a group of Thai came down stairs and waited out side got in the van and started to drive off I ask manager what is happening because we are all waiting the English lady said we was here first, why was we not told that the van is leaving the manager went outside and talk to the driver came back and told us all that we will have to wait for another 30 minutes for the van because they are going to a different area, we was all upset with the treatment of us she told us its the driver fault I ask her why there's no announcements that the van is leaving and why are we wait in the lobby and ignored. The english end lady was most upset as was we all

The next night we waited again for the van this time outside and told the manager that we are going to the market, as the time went 7:10pm I ask the manager where is the the mini van, she told me its late and that it would be there in 20 min but after waiting 20 min I asked again where it is she told me that it's going to be another 20 min, because of the traffic I just went and told all the other people in the lobby because there no organization from the manager.
I left and got a taxi as chiang mai so small it's not much traffic I can't understand why we was lied to and that management is really poor at this hotel

Room Tip: Close to Sunday walking market
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Chiang Mai hotels

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Hotel lobby and exterior are misleading. Rooms are old and dirty. Bathrooms are filthy and full of mildew. Breakfast included was ok but tables not clean. Stay at Thongrans up street is a better option.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Michael P
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

We had travelled for 5 weeks in the south and over the islands before booking a week in Chiang Mai. After some of the hotels we had stayed in this was a much better standard.

Yes it isn't as nice as it could be, I think the hotel realise they have let it slide a bit and are starting to pull their finger out and get it sorted. Slowly

The original room we were given we stayed in for one night (4th floor) then asked to move. We were then moved to the 2nd floor into a deluxe room free of charge. (4th floor was superior..!!)

It was a lot nicer and the only problem if it's a problem was the water was very very slow to drain from sink and bath after a shower.

The staff were nice enough, always polite but never really try to wow or impress. They just do their job and that's that.

Main reason we booked was to have a few days relaxing by the pool, nice enough, sunbeds were a bit old and tired and the sun was blocked by shadow by 3pm. Again not a huge problem.

Overall it was an ok place, it suited our needs and was located right next to the Sunday market (must visit) and all the taxis tuk tuks and travel agents all know it so no problem there.

They do have a new block with very nice rooms but the price was out of our budget.

To conclude was nice enough, depends how fussy you are, would try another place if I went back to Chiang Mai. But would go back if I could get in the new block.

PS: Coffee Lovers next to the hotel is amazing for breakfast and lunch.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank PeterMc1980
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I unfortunately came at the height of the high season and frankly was happy to just have a room. However, at the cost this place is decrepit, not very clean, and my room was full of mold.

My room had an old tube television, yellowed mini refrigerator that was missing a leg and only a few lights in the room worked due to shoddy electrical. Including the lightbulb in the bedside table, which the socket was completely broken. The bathroom was also leaky faucet central BUT the tub and endless super hot water were lovely.

As for the mold, they let me see another room which had been slightly updated and the area where all the mold was - on the ceiling between the bathroom and sleeping area underneath the aircon vent - had been painted a dark brown cover likely to hide the problem. Upon closer inspection that too was covered in mold and you could see the spores on top of the dark brown paint.

The bed however was clean and comfy.

Location is okay but it's nice to be closer to Thapae Gate and closer to the food and action of the city but there are some neat things easily in walking distance.

Overall, I think there are much better places to stay for a cheaper price and likely with a lot less mold. If I were you, I'd look elsewhere unless this is a last resort.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff, located on a quiet place, swimmingpool is quite small but nice. There is a free shuttle service to the nightmarket every night at 7 pm. Safety deposit boxes are present at reception. Superior room is comfortable, clean and spacious. However, the furniture is a little outdated but thats ok.
Overall, I had a great stay and would recommand this hotel. Sunday market is just around the corner (great market).

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank Suzie L
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

This place was creepy, like The Shining. On entrance I thought not too bad from the lobby. After confusion of check in and led to our room with some guy recommending we get a high price taxi from his mate up a mountain.Filthy shower and wires out the wall. We stayed one night and moved onto somewhere a lot better.Was cheap though

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple