“Good Neighbourhood German Restaurant”

German Beer House "Green Fox"
Ranked #408 of 2,072 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: German, Thai, International
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Good German home made food from Wiener Schnitzel, beef rouladen, sauerkraut, bratwurst, salads and delicious soups. All prepared themselves by German chef. The best pork knuckle in Chiang Mai.
Gibsons, Canada
“Good Neighbourhood German Restaurant”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We ate here three times during our four week stay in Chiang Mai. Good solid german food. We ate from the buffet on one occasion, ordered al la carte on another, and pre-ordered roast pigs' knuckles on a third. All tasty. The owner/chef is friendly, amusing and accomodating.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Jonathan S

• Thai first
Stavanger, Norway
“Fantastic food, friendly people and good atmosphere.”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

A hidden gem when it comes to food....tucked away in a small Soi (alley/street) in Chiang Mai. Absolutely perfect food, and that is almost an understatement..the German chef and owner, will make your day, guaranteed, with personal service/music/food and friendly staff, there is no way to go wrong here. I bumped into this place by "accident" because it's close to my condo (and I was drunk one day, hehe), but when I got my food on the table, OMG...my best meal in Thailand, by far....this dude know what he's doing in the kitchen...and I've been eating there since, perfect EVERY time. If you don't like his food, you can blame me personally and beat me up in the street. Fantastic, is all I have to say.
As my other reviews shows, I give credit where it's deserved, and I "punish" those who don't deliver...to help other travelers like myself...and I have no personal gain from writing what I do, but I know that my contribution will help people like myself.
Conclusion: Friendly staff, EXCELLENT food, good atmosphere, personal service (and music), they speak German/English/Thai also (and probably more languages), so you will have no communication problems either.

• Visited September 2013