“Wicked suits, even more wicked service”

Manhattan Tailor Chiangmai
Ranked #10 of 131 Shopping in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Uncle Bob is the owner of Manhattan Tailor Chiangmai , Bob have 30 years experience in the tailoring business , Bob have been traveling in many countries in Europe and America making clothes for people , even now Bob travels to Scandinavian countries every year . We keep your size in our computer base that means you can always order by email in the future . We make men & women suits , shirts , blouse , evening dress , winter coats ,tuxedo (smoking suit) and more. We provide special package price for customers as-well , we have all kind of prices for customers to choose , we also provide free pick up from your hotel with no obligation to buy.
Ponoka, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wicked suits, even more wicked service”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Big Bad Bob had my two new suits, and three shirts fitted and pieced together flawlessly in less than 24 hours. The family man takes the extra time and care into making sure you get what you pay for and want in a suit. Someone like Bob, who is summoned to other countries by repeat customers to tailor their suits, is well worth the visit if you are in the Chaing Mai area and looking to update a drab and dreary closet back at home. Don't waste your time looking somewhere else and check out Manhattan tailors where you'll go from looking like a zero, to the next James Bond Hero in less than 24 Hr!!

The best hands down...he even has bikes for rent!!

Greg from Alberta Canada.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Greg S

Dublin, Ireland
“Bob is your man!”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

10/10...that says it all. Brilliant quality material and couldn't give a better fit. Suits done in no time! Couldn't meet a nicer guy and we had good craic with him as well. This is where you need to go!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jamie3444
Zwolle, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Manhattan Tailor Chiang Mai, Mr. Bob is the best!”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Mr. Bob from Manhattan Tailor Chiang Mai adjusted my dress from Bangkok to something even more beautiful and made me a Thai Silk Dress for my profession as a musician. Most kind, good english speaker, (lovely family man), quick worker and the best service... when I was not able anymore to pick up my clothes, he did everything he could to deliver my dress to me personally to the bus station in Chiang Mai, because due to circumstances I had to leave unexpectedly early....Really: best service ever!!!

1 Thank Hanna L
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Quality in Thailand and Exceptional Service”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I traveled to Thailand in November of 2013 and had a incredible experience at Bob's shop in Chiang Mai. I knew the custom suit experience was going to be a part of my trip, but I quickly became skeptical after my few days/nights in Bangkok. Not only were the suit-pushers in the streets extremely aggressive, but it appeared that the quality of their materials were sub-standard to what I was looking for (think wool polyester blends being pumped out for cheap prices in U.S. department stores).

Once we got to Chiang Mai, our hostel receptionist (plug for M.D. House in Chiang Mai - right by Bob's store and my stay there was a fantastic time) I was immediately impressed with the quality of the materials in Bob's shop. I have partaken in the custom suit experience in the states and the quality of materials and the warm and welcoming service from Bob exceeded the expectations I had for a custom-suit experience. The great thing about Bob is he truly listens to you and ensures that the suits and shirts come out to your exact specifications. I am very particular so his attention to detail and commitment to crafting an amazing suit/shirt cannot be overstated.

I would absolutely recommend Bob's tailor made suit shop to anyone looking to improve their wardrobe while visiting the beautiful city of Chiang Mai. This only allows me to give a 5, but I don't feel that does Bob's operation justice. On top of making great looking tailor made clothing, Bob is a great guy who is extremely entertaining throughout the suit-fitting experience. I look forward to ordering suits and shirts from Bob in the future - I'm honestly not sure if I'll buy another suit or dress shirt elsewhere as long as Bob is still in the business of making incredible fitting suits!

2 Thank Damien H
Utrecht, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great service and good quality shirts @ Manhattan!”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I can recommend Manhattan Tailor to order your tailor made shirts. The owner is very friendly, speaks English very well and is service-minded. There are many fabrics to choose from. I did a fitting on Saturday evening and picked up my shirts on Monday morning. I liked the quality of the first batch of shirts so I ordered another 3. Because I left town that same day the owner sent a package to Bangkok a few days later (including something personal I had forgotten). So all in all very good and speedy service, good quality and plenty of choice!

1 Thank Daniel v