Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline$20
Agoda.com$20
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 18, 2010

The rooms are ok although the sink in my bathroom was leaking. The best thing I liked about my room, apart from the price, was the free internet. The pool looks more like a pond, it was not clean (at least when I went to look). The hotel is located in a quiet part of town but I was woken by the staff outside my room or by my neighbors each morning. I later moved to another apartment close to the YMCA which was the same price and a bit better value overall.

Date of stay: September 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank xblackcat
Reviewed September 6, 2009

The YMCA is located just out of the old city and we found it to be a good location, not touristy but an easy walk to a shopping centre. The view out our window was of a temple which was nice.

Check in was great, very easy and friendly. They spend some time explaning what was in the area such as shopping centre, restaurants and 7/11 etc. They provide a small card with map and address for tuk tuk drivers.

Room was basic but clean with a fridge, small TV and noisy air con! There wheren't many lights and it was difficult to read at night. The shower overflowed onto the bathroom floor everytime we used it.

The hotel has a swimming pool which we had to follow the signs to get to and when we did we where very disappointed. The area was uncared for, there was no where to sit and the pool looked dirty and was a funny colour - we decided it wasn't worth the risk to use it which was annoying as thats why we had chosen the YMCA.

There was a restaurant but we didn't try it.

We paid 600 thai baht per night for a twin with air con and while it was ok I think there are better choices especially as the pool was unusable.

Date of stay: August 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank bellaQld
Reviewed April 28, 2009

We only stayed here because our son was here for a conference but fi you don't have to be in the nigth market district you can't find a better value. For less than $20 a night we stayed in a large, clean room with a great view of a temple and the mountains. The staff could not have been friendlier. The restaraunt was reasonably priced (or you could walk across the street and eat in a tiny, hole-in-the-wall, restaurant for a flavor of Thailand and good Thai food very cheap) A large mall with several western restaraunts and stores is only a 10 minute walk. A 1/2 hour tuk-tuk rode will take you to the night market. I highly recommend the Maetaman Elephant camp/bamboo rafting day trip (the favorite thing we did in Thailand) and the Khum Khantoke Cultural Dinner and Show (www.khumkhantoke.net). I can't believe the latter doesn't show up on the "Things to do " list. I think both can be booked throught the hotel.

Date of stay: January 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank rwheeler50
Reviewed January 12, 2009

Dated but clean. We didn't use any of the facilities but the looked ok. The location wasn't that great but there are shops and a couple of restaurants/bars a few minutes walk away. We paid about 100 baht (currently abut £2) for a taxi to the night market, which is worth the trip. This is a great value hotel for travelling on a budget as the rates are for the room, not per person (we paid about £14 a night!)

Date of stay: December 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank Sn00zan
Reviewed October 13, 2008

If you are looking for the clean , quite places and not expensive, I think this hotel is right for you. The location is not to bad away from the hustle and bustle ,nice restaurant and staff very polite.

Date of stay: October 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank YAAGUZAA