Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Average location, not so simple internet and pleasing breakfast but not so pleasing pool. The staff were very good at letting us keep our packs there when we went trekking but English was not their strong point. Not a very attractive place to stay but I think the price was reasonable. Not the greatest place but that's probably because we are fussy! We did have pretty tasty pad thai from their restaurant for lunch. A good first impression!

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I got to know this place quite well, as I stayed there for 8 nights and for 5 days I had savage food poisoning (not from the YMCA) and was mostly confined to the room.

Firstly, the good points.

People are saying this is plain and simple, and the decor is plain but in truth the place provides MORE than just the basics - fridge, aircon, pool, tv, two free bottles of water a day, laundry service, phone, room service and wifi as standard.

The staff were all super friendly and helpful, and a large amount of them speak good english. It is amazingly good value and the rooms are quite functional and clean. It is quiet, or was when I was there. It is in a safe area. The laundry service and the restaurant are also great value.

Now the bad

The location is a bit out of the heart of Chaing Mai. This is the main annoyance with the place. It is nonetheless close to a big shopping centre, which is within walking distance. It is also close to Amazing Sandwich, which is near the big shopping centre, a noteably good sandwich making restaurant.

The curtains do not keep out the sun properly in the morning. This is a considerable annoyance and I was woken up early each day. I ended up sleeping with a black t-shirt over my head it was so bad.

The wifi signal was severely poor from my room. I had to continuously keep logging in with the annoying and time consuming YMCA wifi login system. Generally, the signal is bad in many places throughout the building and it is slow wifi.

The restaurant food was not too good, though the price and service associated with providing it was good.

I wouldn't stay here again, the annoyances are too much. Still, I maintain it is excellent value for the price. Depending on your budget and what you're willing to tolerate, it might be worth staying here.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank 4sure86
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We were looking for a no frills place to stay that was quiet and clean. This is definitely no-frills! Rooms are clean, simple and the area the hotel is located is very quiet. Only a couple streets away, you'll find a main road with shopping areas and restaurants. My bathroom was leaky and well used, I'll say that!

If you need wifi, good luck. It was very very slow and even though there were hotspots on our floor, they did not work. I mentioned this several times to the front desk and they said they would look into it, but never did get fixed. You can sit in the lobby and work if need be, but again, it can be hot sitting there and wasn't worth it anyway.

As far as food goes, there is a restaurant attached to the hotel where we got breakfast. This was a bit of a disaster in my opinion. First, breakfast was not included in the price of the room. The food served was very plain and I thought high-priced for what was offered. To me, coffee is a big deal and all they served was folgers instant coffee. They listed "Real Coffee" on the menu, but they never had it for the 3 days I was there. Very strange little place. I wish I had the time to explore some of the restaurants near by where I'm sure I could have had a nice authentic breakfast for cheap and tasty.

Lastly, on check-out, don't expect to get out in a hurry. This is one area where the YMCA is very very backwards. They are still using old ledger books and filing cabinets full of paperwork. They have not gone over to a computerized system, so it took about 15-20 minutes just to check out.

Overall, if you want a place to lay your head and don't care much about anything else, then this might be ok for you.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The place is neat and clean. The best part is that they are running Green Project and YMCA is always known for hospitality and comfort with care for Nature. We are proud to be part of this International Fraternity.

Room tip: All the rooms on 2nd and 3rd floor are excellent. With centrally Air Conditioned
Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Amit K
Reviewed February 12, 2011

I stayed here for 3 weeks and had a fantastic stay. Great price, clean rooms, no frills, good meals, nice pool, wifi and close to everything. Even my bunk bed was comfortable. You can even learn some Thai while you stay there. I hope to return in January of 2012 for three weeks again!

Date of stay: March 2010