Located east from the old town by the river, The Galare is a lovely looking guest house where we stayed for two nights paying B1100. It has a restaurant, a couple of PCs for internet access, car park, and garden out front with seating and tables. The rooms are on two levels with a balcony running along the front with more seating areas.
The room is a good size with a good and clean, but rather small bathroom. The room is quite dark due to the lack of main light in the room and large roof that shelters the room from the sun and heat in the hot season.
The room has a comfortable king size bed (one of the more comfortable of our whole trip) although the sheet and blanket didn't properly fit the bed. It also has a wardrobe, mirror with shelf storage, tv, fridge, a/c and some rooms have internet connections, although an unsecured wireless network is also available. I wouldn't get too excited though, as it is incredibly slow and almost a waste of time. For privacy, you get both net curtains and curtains.
The bathroom shower is a bit weak but the towels are gorgeously soft after a long time of rough towels and the decorations around the bathroom and bed area are also great. Hand made complimentary soap is provided.
We found the room to be comfortable, but dark hence a damp smell if you keep the windows shut too long. Also, it is a very noisy position. In the day, you can hear loads of traffic from the bridge and main road and at night you can hear dogs, karaoke or cover music until the early hours.
The service was excellent. The staff were very friendly and the food was good. There is tour information if you'd like it. If you need anything, they will endeavour to help you and can arrange laundry too.
- Lovely building with quite a homely feel
- Nice and helpful staff
- Good sized and clean room
- Comfortable bed
- Tasty food in the restaurant and good breakfasts, and located on the river
- Internet connection is hardly worth it
- The room was very dark
- It is a very noisy location in the city
- Not sure it's worth B1100 per night
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Galare Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galare Guest House Hotel Chiang Mai
- Galare Hotel Chiang Mai
- Galare Chiang Mai