This hotel caters to large tour groups, and seems to handle them well. However, we were a small group of 3 (couple and adult son).
The good - the room was clean, comfortable and a reasonable size. Front desk staff were very friendly and recognized us each time we approached the desk for our keys. Breakfast buffet was reasonable and well stocked. Location is not too far from the night market, lots of tuk tuks always available to get you there and back. Lobby bar had simple food for a quick snack or meal.
- I found the AC annoying - it didn't seem to stop cooling even if I set the temperature fairly high.
- To get access to the internet, you have to buy a voucher that gives you 3 hours. However, it is VERY easy to miss closing a window and not fully log out of their system, or have your computer or their wireless hub crash without logging you out, so you use up the full 3 hours unexpectedly. Happened to us several times during our stay. Serious nuisance. The vouchers are cheap, but it was a real pain. I'd prefer to just pay for unlimited access for 24 hours.
- Information desk was unable to suggest a local restaurant for us. I guess they are used to organized tours that either eat at the hotel or have made their own arrangements. Note, there was no concierge desk, just an information section
- We were annoyed on our second morning when we were woken at 6am by some tour operator checking rooms on our floor and being very noisy about it - slamming doors, etc.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Hotel Chiang Mai