“Luxury base for exploring”
Review of The Park Hotel

The Park Hotel
Ranked #72 of 388 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed August 26, 2013

What luxurious rooms on the edge of the city, a cheap taxi ride from the city centre markets and temples! Breakfast was a feast of Eastern and Western styles. The staff were friendly and helpful even serving out of hours lunches when we arrived from a very late train. A gateway to a fascinating city - wish we had had more time here - but the wifi signal was poor. I gave up with it in the end and waited for the next hotel near Sukhotai. There was a good swimming pool on the roof which gave excellent views over the city, but the next door laundry was much better value for money than the in-house offering.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bushaby
There are newer reviews for The Park Hotel

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We enjoyed a couple of nights at this comfortable hotel whilst touring the Far East. The hotel had all the usual facilities including a roof top pool and free wifi but suffered a little from being outside of the city meaning that a tuk tuk or taxi was necessary to get anywhere. The staff were generally pretty good and were cheerful and helpful at all times. The prices in the bar were a bit on the high side, which given the out of town location meant a short walk to the nearby 7-11.

Room Tip: The ninth floor rooms are reportedly a bit better!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Hotel was nice and clean but a little dated. We only stayed 1 night the 7th of July.. Breakfast was nice and the servers were very nice. Unfortunately when we checked out on the 8th I put my phone in a luggage pocket that didn't zip closed. It apparently fell out when we left the room at about 7am. We had breakfast and caught the shuttle to the airport at 805a. After traveling all day we ended in Krabi and I noticed it wasn't in my phone wasn't in my carry bag. At about 9p after getting to the hotel and checking all my luggage I emailed the hotel. I still haven't gotten an email back. The next morning I asked the hotel in Krabi to call the Park. I was told my phone had been turned in to the desk, then was told they gave it to someone the morning of the 8th who would take it to me before the flight. I didn't even know my phone was missing at the time. The hotel had my email and my address but never thought to contact me. They asked the man to sign for my phone but he said he was in a hurry and just given my phone. The only people who knew we were there were the hotel staff. After speaking to a very nice but ultimately unhelpful woman, I was told there wasn't anything else they could do. I have yet to receive an apology written or spoken. There were a lot of photos that we couldn't upload the web, a lot of addresses and numbers I can't get back, but it's not the end of the world and hasn't tarnished my view of Thailand. If they sell it, I hope they do something good with the money.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Albert S
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed in park hotel from 1-8/6/2013. We had a very pleasant stay in the hotel. We were upgraded to a studio suite with superb views of doi Suthepmountain. The room was spacious and extremely clean. There was daily cleaning of the room with new towels changed every day.the service was exceptional and all the staff will go out of their way to accommodate our request. The buffet breakfast was adequate but it's the same food every day so after 1 week to be frank we were a bit tired of the same menu. The hotel has a clean and pleasant rooftop swimming pool with grand panoramic views of the city and the hills in the horizon. We booked the hotel thru an online website provider and for roughly 1000 baht per night with 2 buffet breakfast thrown in was very very good value. The only disadvantage was the location which was about 2 km to the night bazaar but since the hotel provides free shutttle to the night market every night this was quite ok. We noticed that most comparable hotels located closer to the night market will charge almost double the price. Overall for the price we paid I think this hotel provides a very high level of comfort and the service from the staff was exceptional. Without doubt I would recommend this hotel to anyone to stay without breaking the bank. Mr ng. Travelled with wife and son.

Room Tip: Choose a studio suite on a high level. They have more space and suitable for small families.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Very nice and spacious room. The hotel was very clean and the lobby was spectacular. The pool on the room top was wonderful with some fantastic views of the city and the mountains. Excellent value considering how much you'd have to pay for something like this in the UK. They hosted friends wedding and it went flawlessly. The location was Ok, but there was always easy access to cheap tuk tuks day and night.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 23, 2013

So I spend almost 17 days at this hotel last month and I thought it would be fair to give a review. Hotel staff was always friendly, smiling, and helpful when asked for something or information, always courteous with me. They knew my room number from the day I registered until I left.

I also enjoyed the pool, sometimes quite crowed from 5pm to 7pm. Beautiful Chiang Mai view. Water temperature was cold but perfect for the weather. You were also given pool towels

I thought breakfast was very good, enough food, I loved the waffles, I miss them actually. They put a good fruits selection, always fresh. Sometimes we had lunch at the same buffet area, it was very good, some spice food needs to have a clear sign.

The room was good, I slept extremely well, I liked the pillows. Bathroom was good size and perfect water pressure.

Just few things that might bother
-Room needed a trashcan. There was one in the bathroom though.
-Internet you have to pay, I guess is the same all over Thailand.
-A little far from Tha Pae Gate and all the happening. But you can catch a cab, or even walk and exercise yourself. They have a shuttle service every night.
-A workout room, even an small one, would be perfect.

Thank you, I had a great time there and would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 24, 2013

we checked in to this hotel, the entrance was historical for old Thailand ...
1. it smelt old
2. we received only 1 key
3. The room was bare bones
4. no drawers, no bathroom counters only 4 hangers
5. Sheets were torn,1 skinny stained pilled blanket - 1 flat pillow
6. the dining room menu was a piece of photocopy paper that was laminated with only 12 selections this included breakfast and deserts7
7. the pool lounge...well the guy was asleep (this was a foresure) and there was no bar...they call downstairs to get your drink
7.the downstair lounge - ha - not even open
8. the dining room - ugly and empty with the staff all having coffee
9. I would not walk in that neighbourhood - not that there was anything to look at expect poverty
10. The manager was called and he looked like his employee from the pool lounge - asleep and did not care - did not even address the issues with us
11. upon checking out 6 days early, they took a 1/2 full water bottle from us stating it belonged to the hotel (you know the kind you buy for 20 baht)....
12. not my choice - went to the Shek Jsstana Hotel for 30 CDN more a night and it is amazing

Room Tip: and if you wanted a massage - it was done in your beautiful (not) room, we spent 2.5 hours there the...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends