“The entrance was fun.......”
Review of The Park Hotel

The Park Hotel
Ranked #82 of 379 Hotels in Chiang Mai
campbell river
“The entrance was fun.......”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

we checked in to this hotel, the entrance was historical for old Thailand ...
1. it smelt old
2. we received only 1 key
3. The room was bare bones
4. no drawers, no bathroom counters only 4 hangers
5. Sheets were torn,1 skinny stained pilled blanket - 1 flat pillow
6. the dining room menu was a piece of photocopy paper that was laminated with only 12 selections this included breakfast and deserts7
7. the pool lounge...well the guy was asleep (this was a foresure) and there was no bar...they call downstairs to get your drink
7.the downstair lounge - ha - not even open
8. the dining room - ugly and empty with the staff all having coffee
9. I would not walk in that neighbourhood - not that there was anything to look at expect poverty
10. The manager was called and he looked like his employee from the pool lounge - asleep and did not care - did not even address the issues with us
11. upon checking out 6 days early, they took a 1/2 full water bottle from us stating it belonged to the hotel (you know the kind you buy for 20 baht)....
12. not my choice - went to the Shek Jsstana Hotel for 30 CDN more a night and it is amazing

Room Tip: and if you wanted a massage - it was done in your beautiful (not) room, we spent 2.5 hours there the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The service staff is friendly, and the hotel is situated near to the city, at an reasonable price. There are free shuttle service. The breakfast buffet has good variety and the topping up is fast.
However, Wi-Fi is not free (negative point)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Nonthaburi, Thailand
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stay here for 2 nights in late December. Check-in was fast. Room was cozy. 2 complimentary bottled water. I've got 2 single beds but wanted a double bed room. They told me no double room was available which I doubted that. However, they sent someone to put 2 beds together and I was ok with that.

Good, soft mattress. Room was clean. Bathroom was not big but very clean.

Breakfast was good but not "that' good because some food was left dry and cold.

Location was ok since there were no minimart or restaurant nearby.

I had some issue with staff about parking lot under the building, though. I found an available lot with an orange cone in front of it. I got off my car and moved it away to park my car. A staff approached me to tell me that I can't park here. I politely told him that I stay at this hotel but he repeatedly told me that I can't park here with no other explanation. So, I decided to find other available lot.

I've found out the other day that the lot was for hotel's van. Totally understood but why wouldn't he told me in the first place why I couldn't park there.

That's only thing I have to complain about this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Minehead, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2013

A very comfortable Hotel with nice rooms and a swimming pool. The Service was very good and breakfast was extensive. The price was very good value and i would stay again. They were kind enough to take care of our excess baggage under lock and key while we went on a motorcycle tour.

Room Tip: The hotel is a little out of the town center but they have free buses to the night bazarre or a tukt...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Bern, Switzerland
Reviewed January 21, 2013

It's an ok hotel, and we enjoyed the airy reception hall and the large breakfast buffet. Unfortunately, staff has poor language skills and made an arrogant impression on us. Staff was not helpful when asked questions, either. The hotel is not in the city center, which is not so convenient.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
New Delhi, India
Reviewed January 12, 2013

It was our honeymoon trip. We spent 3 nights in this hotel. During this period, we visited around Chiang mai and one day we did the excursion of Chiang Rai. The hotel is very nice and simple with nice rooms which are not too small. Bathroom was nice too. We had, from our room, a nice view around from the 2 side windows. Our breakfast was included and in this hotel breakfast was OK. There were many choices with local and continental breakfast. Only problem we faced was that as soon as we used to go for a walk in the evening, there was a huge smell of oil on either sides of the road which came from indoor restaurants and street food fast food restaurants.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Madison, Alabama
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I am going to start off with the not so good and then get to the good. I spent almost 3 weeks at this hotel with my husband and 2 small kids. He was there on business with a small group that had their conference there and decided to take us along for the trip. First impression was that the hotel was a bit run down and everything was covered in gold. Our room was on the 7th floor and I am assuming that that floor is rarely used because as soon as you stepped off the elevator the strong odor of must just hit you straight in the face. The room was even worse. As soon as we got inside the room we turned the AC on and opened the windows. We requested to have the rooms vacuumed which I guess was not usual but since we requested it they made sure to do it each time the room was cleaned and that made a huge difference. Within about 4-5 days the smell calmed down. I am not usually allergic to carpets but as soon as I would enter the room I would go into a sneezing frenzy. Moving on... The food in the restaurant there was good and had quite a variety. We mainly just had breakfast and sometimes lunch, breakfast is free. I loved the waffles for breakfast, for some reason they just tasted excellent and so did the kids. If you want to try something different there is a restaurant just down the street called Bismillah that I would get great food from for really cheap, like $1. The room does not include a microwave unfortunately but I was able to bring food to the dining area and the waiter would be so kind to not just warm my food but take it out of the container it was in and put it in one of their plates, cover it with plastic and place it on a tray for me to take back to my room. I was really impressed by that because it is outside food, not food bought from their restaurant. There is a pool on the top floor which is clean, very clean. Half of it is just below waist length for me and shallow enough for my 3 year old to walk around just fine. The deeper end was about shoulder deep for me which was perfect since I am an ok swimmer. There were always towels provided and the bathrooms were always clean. I appreciated the fact that there were hot showers that had shampoo and soap included so you can take a full shower after exiting the pool before making your way back to the room. The hotel is a bit of a ways from the Night Bazaar (shopping at night area) so it is best to use the free shuttle or one of the tuk tuks that are always parked out front. Never pay more than 60 Baht to get there. You can make the trek there on foot if you are able so you can see the nightlife. The view from the rooms and the pool are very nice, the area is a bit rundown but you still get a nice view, a 360 view if you are by the pool. For the price we paid this hotel was worth it and more. If you would like to be closer to the bazaar and don't mind paying a bit more then you can do so. I have read some reviews about the staff being mean and not friendly but I had a completely different experience. They would move heaven and earth to make things right if we had any problems, and they were always looking for ways to give us discounts. I was able to have just a few clothes cleaned and when I got the bill it was cut in half. When we bought internet it was cut in half. Any complaints we had they were quick to resolve them as best they could and they handled it with a smile. I needed to have something printed urgently, which they do not cater for since they don't have printers for public use, but they were so kind to allow me to go in the back where the managers office was and use their computer and printer. They were also very kind to the lil ones. Everytime we would pass the front desk the ladies would start waving and even leaving behind the desk to come and chat with them. oh, internet is NOT FREE which I hope they eventually cater for. It is free in a lot of restaurants just ask and a login and passcode is provided. All in all I enjoyed my stay even though it was not perfect.

Room Tip: If you get a room that is at the end of a hall you get the pleasure of having two huge windows. One...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family