Movenpick Suriwongse Hotel Chiang Mai
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Royal Lanna Hotel(Chiang Mai)
  • Breakfast included
Nap in Chiangmai(Chiang Mai)
Nap In Fest(Chiang Mai)
View Hotel
Le Meridien Chiang Mai(Chiang Mai)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
1,436 results
All reviewsnight bazaargreat locationpremier deluxe roomnew winghalal foodthe hotel staffhotel breakfasttour deskegg stationbreakfast was includedold citystayed here for nightstuk tukrenovationfahthailandmassage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 15, 2008

POSITIVES:
Great location, right across the street from the Night Bazaar and new Le Meridien hotel. Proximity to 7-11 was convenient. Free use of Internet computers for 20-minute intervals. Execellent price…1250bht on Sawadee.com Wonderfully gracious and helpful reception staff.
Free in-room fruit basket (dragon fruit, orange, apples, banana) a nice touch. Free use of safe during my 4-day trek between stays at the hotel. Oversized bed…NICE!!! Nice, included breakfast, offering to-order eggs along w/ many other choices.

NEGATIVES:
Low-priced dinner buffet left me – a meat lover – looking for other options. Rooms showing some wear – I was relocated immediately when my room’s thermostat became dislodged. Also, oddly the shower curtain was not long enough to adequately protect the bathroom floor.

SUMMARY:
Given the outsanding service and location, and low price, I felt the Suriwongse was an excellent value.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
2  Thank AAJetMan
Reviewed August 31, 2008

It was a good value in a great location for walking around at night. Overall it is a dated place. The shower head would not point down just strait out which was both odd and funny. Nice staff.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LucyLDenver
Reviewed July 22, 2008

We booked the package from Airasia flying from Bangkok to Chiangmai. 2 persons cost around THB9,000 for 2 nights in Suriwongse. Nice Hotel, although it was a bit old (i think it hasnt been renovated for 10 years or something). Hotel Staffs specially receptionist speak good english so thats no problem for communication. Very good location (in front of the hotel is the Night Bazaar). Overall very Value For Money. About 15 to 20 mins drive from airport and taxi cost around THB 130 - THB 150.

If you guys need more comment, feel free to send me an email

Hope it helps

Regards,

Jo Samudra

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank samudra
Reviewed February 22, 2008

Being our first trip to Thailand and Chiang Mai, I have to say we were very pleased with the location, being we were there to shop
until we dropped.

I liked the idea of being able to step right outside the hotel's doors, walk across the street and begin shopping at the night market. I could also take my wares back to the room when my arms became burdened with all the items I purchased, and return downstairs to continue shopping.
I enjoyed having Star Bucks at one corner, Mc Donald's at the other corner and a Burger King at the other corner which were steps away from the hotel (just in case we wanted some American food). Eateries were all over the place should we have decided to eat other types of Asian food.

Breakfast buffet was included daily with our hotel stay and although not first class meals, I feel it was pretty good for the hotel rate we had paid. This hotel is perfect for those on a budget, or family with children. Hotel rooms were roomy, clean and comfortable for the two of us. A 7-11 was also located across the street.
Overall I would surely recommend this hotel for those who are looking for a comfortable and affordable stay. I also enjoyed the nightly entertainment in the downstairs hotel during dinner buffet time. Would definitely return again to stay.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank Pomaip
Reviewed December 20, 2007

Hotel was clean. There was an exposed 220 power cable that was fixed as soon as we notified the hotel. Breakfast was OK but nothing special. Often service at breakfast was lacking.

My wife had a hair color that left a mark on one of the hotel towels when she washed her hair the following day. At checkout we were charged 600 baht for the towel. I complained that 600 baht was expensive for a towel that could be bleached. I paid the charge.

Good location. A little loud with the night market and construction across the street.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family