“At the corner of street where night bazaar is”
Review of Suriwongse Hotel

Suriwongse Hotel
Ranked #36 of 387 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Easily accesible without facing the busy street where the night bazaar stalls are lined up.
Hotel front reception staff is efficient and friendly.
However, hotel chambermaids not as efficient. Despite turning on the button form Make Up Room the first morning, the room was not made up when we returned at 2 pm. Bedside tables were also not cleaned and tidied on a regular basis. The walls in the room are somewhat porous. Unfortunately, on the first night, our next door neighbours decided to have a loud conversation at night up until the early morning.
The hotel seems to be going through some renovation works but done discreetly without inconveniencing guests. There are various entrances to the hotel. Perhaps the hotel could consider making a more prominent facade for the main lobby, which currently looks like a nondescript side entrance when one enters from the street.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank TravellerO3
Vinai C, General Manager at Suriwongse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns.

We are glad you liked our hotel location with friendly staff. I will make sure to forward your positive feedback to the concerned departments.

We would like to apologize for the experience you had did not live up to your expectations.

Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests.

Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done

There are newer reviews for Suriwongse Hotel

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Location is superb near to night bazaar with almost everything within walking distance. English speaking Staff who are helpful and and polite. Service is good and comfortable. Rooms are spacious with full amenities and despite its central location, very quiet. Slept well and appreciate the extra pillows. Breakfast is adequate. Yes we will back in February 2014.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to express your opinion and giving us thereby useful feedback.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stays at our hotel and that you are satisfied with our hotel.

Looking foreward to welcome you back on February

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed two nights at the Suriwongse Hotel for buiness. They were still working on the renovation so cannot fully rate this till the end product is done. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was clean. Appreciated satellite TV with some decent English channels and flat screen TV. For being on a busy street, the rooms were very quiet. Bathroom was awkwardly small and if you were really tall or large, your knees would hit the wall while sitting on the toilet. But, the shower with waterfall style was really nice and warm. Breakfast buffet was pretty nice--more than I expected. Location is fabulous. I think when all is done, that this could be a four star. Oh yeah, they need hooks in the bathroom for towels and clothes, there's nowhere to hang stuff while showering.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stays at our hotel and that you are satisfied with our hotel and staff.

The issues that you brought to our attention are important to us and are being addressed and we are committed to make adjustments and take the necessary measures to prevent these issues from happening to future guests.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Hotel room was renovated, bedding and toilet facilities are clean with fully provided amenities. Staff is very supportive and always response to your request with smile. The breakfast is ok. Overall Great services.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Vinai C, General Manager at Suriwongse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stays at our hotel and that you are satisfied with our service and staff.

I will make sure to forward your positive feedback to the concerned departments. We hope to welcome you soon again in Suriwongse Hotel Chiang Mai.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel in many ways. The location is ideal, right at the Night Bazaar. My room
was spacious, spotlessly clean and extremely quiet, with complimentary tea/coffee supplies, 2 free bottles of water per day, hairdryer, flat screen tv, free WiFi and comfortable armchairs. The shower was enormous - which I loved! Breakfast was included and is an extensive buffet providing an enormous variety of cooked meals, mueslii/cereals, yoghurt, breads, salads, fruit and pastries - something for everyone! What really made my stay here so enjoyable was the exceptional staff. They are genuinely lovely., helpful, smiling and efficient! I can't wait to go back.
Kerry

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kerys F

Reviewed December 19, 2013

For the price that is in the middle and its ideal location and the friendliness of the servers and the home, but also its context and its lobby bistro I want to go back even if by habit a month I coushe in three hotels a different chiang mai! family or group alone love anything is possible!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stays at our hotel and that you are satisfied with our hotel staff and location.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I returned home yesterday after spending a very enjoyable 11 nights in Chiang Mai at the Suriwongse Hotel. From the warm welcome I received at check-in, to the moment I was dropped at the airport by the hotel's driver, I was treated royally by every member of staff.

I'll give an example of staff efficiency. One morning as I closed the door to my room to go to breakfast, I realized that it would not lock. I'm a 'mature aged' woman travelling alone and for me security when I'm in my room is particularly important. I called in at the reception desk on the way to breakfast and mentioned my problem to one of the ladies on duty. Other concerned staff members gathered around and as I was speaking, one of them picked up the phone to report the problem. When I arrived back to my room about 45 minutes later, the lock had been fixed.

I could go on and on about the friendliness of the staff, but you really have to experience it for yourself to understand. Always smiling and incredibly polite, they are a credit to the management and the hotel. I can honestly say that throughout my stay, I did not encounter a single staff member who did not smile and acknowledge me when they saw me.

I am aware that a happy staff largely emanates from a management which values them and which leads by example. Khun Chon, the Front Desk Manager, exemplifies all this and personally made sure that I was well looked after.

My Premier Deluxe Room on the 7th Floor was large with a fairly firm, but comfortable King sized bed with quality linen and four pillows, a couch area with coffee table, a desk and sideboard with flat screen TV and two armchairs with a coffee table in between. The TV reception was clear with numerous channels and the air conditioner was efficient and quiet.

Something which I particularly liked was that the lights, air conditioning and alarm clock could be controlled from a panel beside the bed. Tea and coffee supplies are provided, along with two complimentary bottles of water. A hair dryer is in a drawer of the desk, as is a plug in mosquito repelling device, although I didn't see any mosquitos in my room. Robes and slippers are also provided in the spacious wardrobe.

My bathroom had a separate bath and shower recess. It was quite spacious and shutters partitioned it off from the bedroom so that when they were closed, it was completely private. The water flow was strong and hot water reliability was excellent.

Housekeeping was very efficient and the room kept clean. My room had always been serviced by the time I returned for a rest at around 2 to 3 pm in the afternoon after a morning of sightseeing. Something I appreciated is that they, and other staff elsewhere, were always very visible. The hotel obviously doesn't skimp on staff numbers to the detriment of good service in order to save money.

In room WiFi connection for two items was provided free and it was reliable. My room was also well insulated from any noise outside and from the corridor and adjoining rooms. As others have said, the hotel's location couldn't be better, being right in the middle of the Night Bazaar.

Breakfast was included with my room and again, the staff at breakfast were fantastic. The variety and quality of food offered was good and dishes were varied from day to day. The restaurant surroundings was very pleasant and it was never crowded.

When I checked into the Suriwongse I felt that I was staying as a paying guest, however when I checked out, I felt that I was leaving as a valued friend. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Chiang Mai and can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and book a Premier Deluxe Room
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Vinai C, General Manager at Suriwongse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

We would be delighted to welcome you back to our hotel soon