4 of us just back from our short holiday trip to Chiang Mai from 21Sep-24Sep2006 and we did the right choice of putting up at Tamarind Village. It was a courtyard style resort with some colonial touch in their architecture finishing. Very helpful staff there but not that friendly and you need to go to the right staff who could assist you in your enquiry.Their tour service to Doi Suthep & Bor Sang shopping tour as put up at the reception board is quite expensive on a per person basis and for a fraction of the price you can get a taxi to do this trip. Our trip to Doi Suthep in a taxi for 4 cost only THB400 & an additional of THB300 will take you to Bor Sang (Umbrella, Celadon & Silk factory) & the driver also take you to Wat Pra Singh & Wat Suan Dok....how's that for a bargain compare to the resort price of THB700 per person to Doi Suthep. Anyway in a taxi, there is no air cond & lunch and expect some bumby ride but if you enjoy it, why not and save the money for shopping & perhaps spa too.....
The airport transfer by the resort is also expensive which cost THB177 per person and for 4 person it would be THB708 whereas we called a meter taxi and it cost us THB150 for 4 of us.. so another savings.... : )
Overall, the resort is unique in its style and the breakfast is good and we had more than enough and it is alo within walking distance ( if you have the energy) to some place of interests.
Strongly recommend to those seeking a change in staying a warm & cosy resort and we will definitely come back....
From all of us in Penang, Malaysia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamarind Village is a unique and charming boutique property that nestles in the heart of historic Chiang Mai. Surrounded by ancient temples and quaint shopping streets, it takes its name from a magnificent 200 year old tamarind tree that shelters the hotel in a shady embrace.Tamarind Village is situated at the center of Chiang Mai’s old town. Many of Chiang Mai’s historic landmarks and temples such as Thapae Gate, the Three Kings Monument, Wat Phra Singh and Wat Chedi Luang are located within a few minutes walk of the hotel. Each week, Chiang Mai’s famous ‘Sunday Walking Street’ takes place just in front of the hotel’s entrance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Tamarind Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarind Village Chiang Mai
- Tamarind Village Hotel Chiang Mai