We rented several rooms for several nights for our wedding guests. The service was warm and excellent. The rooms are beautiful- full of rich woods, textiles, lovely old photos, gentle lighting. The gardens are really special- well managed but not overly manicured. The huge old trees give plenty of shade and amazing white orchids are everywhere. Breakfast around the pool was very nice. The Spa is very nice but frankly it is overpriced given the many other excellent Spas and massage places in Chiang Mai.This is a quiet hotel- not a place for drunkenness or parties- but perfect for a romantic getaway or a special vacation with friends. Highly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamarind Village is a unique and charming boutique property that nestles in the heart of historic Chiang Mai. Surrounded by ancient temples and quaint shopping streets, it takes its name from a magnificent 200 year old tamarind tree that shelters the hotel in a shady embrace.Tamarind Village is situated at the center of Chiang Mai’s old town. Many of Chiang Mai’s historic landmarks and temples such as Thapae Gate, the Three Kings Monument, Wat Phra Singh and Wat Chedi Luang are located within a few minutes walk of the hotel. Each week, Chiang Mai’s famous ‘Sunday Walking Street’ takes place just in front of the hotel’s entrance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tamarind Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarind Village Chiang Mai
- Tamarind Village Hotel Chiang Mai