I can't praise this gorgeous little gem of a hotel enough!! By far the most lovely place I have ever stayed. I was looking forward to staying there before I arrived based on previous reviews and photos and Tamarind Village managed to surpass even my expectations. Wonderful, friendly and polite staff, beautiful grounds and rustic-luxury decor in the rooms, convenient location and the most delicious breakfast selection I've ever had at a hotel. The sticky rice is a must-have and the sausages and bacon were delicious, as was the muesli. There was a really wide and delicious choice of juices and teas as well. The toiletries provided (jasmine body wash and lotion and ginger shampoo and conditioner) were of a good quality and smelled really nice, and I am fussy about my products! The shower was the most incredibly powerful shower I have experienced. Another nice touch that I really appreciated was the plentiful and free local fruit in our room every day, as they included rose apples, my absolute favourite :-). We were also given a voucher for a 10-minute welcome massage on arrival which was much appreciated - the decor of the spa was beautiful as well. The service was really excellent, e.g. staff spontaneously offering you insect repellent while having a drink by the pool in the evenings - I even really liked the bug spray they had as it was made from natural oils and seemed to work better than our toxic chemical deet. The staff also set out and lit candles all over the hotel every night which looks just stunning. They also do daily activities in the courtyard - I did the jamine flower garland making one afternoon and really enjoyed it. It's also worth mentioning that wifi is free across the hotel.
The hotel was only a short drive from the airport and right across the road is a little complex with a cafe, restaurants, a massage and beauty parlour etc. The hotel is also a good walking distance from a lot of attractions - we were lucky enough to be there on a Sunday when the walking street market takes place right on the door step, which is great fun to explore, and we had the cheapest most delicious food that night at the market. A tip I have is to visit Mundo Tours just round the corner from the hotel to help organise any tours or exursions you want. They also offer a killer sports massage! Kid our tour guide, together with our lovely hotel, both absolutely made our trip to Chiang Mai
Everything at Tamarind Village was perfect and I can't begin to understand the small handful of people who had anything but positive comments to make on this hotel - if you are visiting Chiang Mai this is a no-brainer. Stay there! You will not be disappointed.
I did notice another reviewer mention that they were unhappy with the help they were given with their airline online check in at reception - it could be that these comments have already been taken on board as when we asked for help with our online check in and they were very helpful and did it for us on their own computers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamarind Village is a unique and charming boutique property that nestles in the heart of historic Chiang Mai. Surrounded by ancient temples and quaint shopping streets, it takes its name from a magnificent 200 year old tamarind tree that shelters the hotel in a shady embrace.Tamarind Village is situated at the center of Chiang Mai’s old town. Many of Chiang Mai’s historic landmarks and temples such as Thapae Gate, the Three Kings Monument, Wat Phra Singh and Wat Chedi Luang are located within a few minutes walk of the hotel. Each week, Chiang Mai’s famous ‘Sunday Walking Street’ takes place just in front of the hotel’s entrance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Tamarind Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarind Village Chiang Mai
- Tamarind Village Hotel Chiang Mai