We stayed for 3 nights of our honeymoon, timed our stay over a weekend as the night markets were on the door step :) Beautiful boutique accommodation, loved the room & bathroom with copper basin. Grounds are well kept, with resident squirrel in the big tree. Fabulous breakfast, dinner was expensive was delicious. The pool looked inviting but as it's right in front of the restuarant swimmers were on show of an afternoon/evening and and during the day it's in full sun, so no swimming for us. Wouldn't be suitable for noisy swimming kids. Great central spot in the old quarter, quiet and relaxing. Staff were very helpful and happy to be so. Took a while to check in and out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamarind Village is a unique and charming boutique property that nestles in the heart of historic Chiang Mai. Surrounded by ancient temples and quaint shopping streets, it takes its name from a magnificent 200 year old tamarind tree that shelters the hotel in a shady embrace.Tamarind Village is situated at the center of Chiang Mai’s old town. Many of Chiang Mai’s historic landmarks and temples such as Thapae Gate, the Three Kings Monument, Wat Phra Singh and Wat Chedi Luang are located within a few minutes walk of the hotel. Each week, Chiang Mai’s famous ‘Sunday Walking Street’ takes place just in front of the hotel’s entrance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tamarind Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarind Village Chiang Mai
- Tamarind Village Hotel Chiang Mai