We stayed here the end of November while the festival in Chaing Mai was on, the hotel is situated in the old part of town and it really is a little oasis in the middle of the hustle and bustle. When you enter the hotel everything seems so calm and serene. The staff are all very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are a little bit dark but nevertheless very nice and well equiped with a lovely shower and bathroom. The breakfasts were excellent with everything you can imagine. I would definitely recommend this hotel and if I returned to Chiang Mai not hesitate to stay here again, in my opinion probably the best small hotel in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamarind Village is a unique and charming boutique property that nestles in the heart of historic Chiang Mai. Surrounded by ancient temples and quaint shopping streets, it takes its name from a magnificent 200 year old tamarind tree that shelters the hotel in a shady embrace.Tamarind Village is situated at the center of Chiang Mai’s old town. Many of Chiang Mai’s historic landmarks and temples such as Thapae Gate, the Three Kings Monument, Wat Phra Singh and Wat Chedi Luang are located within a few minutes walk of the hotel. Each week, Chiang Mai’s famous ‘Sunday Walking Street’ takes place just in front of the hotel’s entrance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tamarind Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarind Village Chiang Mai
- Tamarind Village Hotel Chiang Mai