Tamarind Village is a restful property in the center of bustling Chiang Mail. The service, grounds, accommodations, spa, food and atmosphere are excellent. An ancient tamarind tree grows in the center of the property and attractive two story buildings surround it.
A beautiful dark tile pool is somewhat awkwardly located between the reception area and restaurant but this is a minor detail.
A gift shop sells high-end local art, jewelry and other souvenirs.
The beds are very comfortable and the bathrooms well appointed. Wifi is reliable and fast, however TV stations are limited. Room service is available.
A good selection of spa treatments are available, even on short notice. The spa staff are professional and accommodating. It should be noted that while the spa staff are taught to inquire as to the guest's comfort related to room temperature and music volume, they may not actually understand the guest's response. When I responded to the masseuse that there wasn't any music playing she looked blankly at me for several minutes until I mimed the situation to her and she understood, hurrying out of the room to turn on the music. While this was a non-issue for me, it could be difficult if a guest had medical issues relevant to massage that needed clear understanding.
I recommend Tamarind Village and would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamarind Village is a unique and charming boutique property that nestles in the heart of historic Chiang Mai. Surrounded by ancient temples and quaint shopping streets, it takes its name from a magnificent 200 year old tamarind tree that shelters the hotel in a shady embrace.Tamarind Village is situated at the center of Chiang Mai’s old town. Many of Chiang Mai’s historic landmarks and temples such as Thapae Gate, the Three Kings Monument, Wat Phra Singh and Wat Chedi Luang are located within a few minutes walk of the hotel. Each week, Chiang Mai’s famous ‘Sunday Walking Street’ takes place just in front of the hotel’s entrance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Tamarind Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarind Village Chiang Mai
- Tamarind Village Hotel Chiang Mai