“Smoothie not fresh”

Bamboo Bee Vegetarian Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai, Healthy
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: *Please be advised that Bamboo Bee will be closed until further notice. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank all of our customers for their patronage in the past.* Bebee has moved to the city of Tunggyi in South Shan State of Myanmar. She can still conduct cooking classes there if you are in Myanmar. Thank you.
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I went here because of the good reviews on tripadvisor, but was a bit disappointed. The food was allright. I had a Isan salad, which was good, but not spectacular. What really surprised me was how they made the strawberry smoothie I ordered. It was not fresh. Instead of strawberries they used strawberry jam and some kind of syrup. In Thailand they always use fresh fruit and I had never expected this in a vegetarian restaurant.

1  Thank Lonnes
There are newer reviews for Bamboo Bee Vegetarian Restaurant

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

We didn't eat here, but the fruit drinks were lovely and there was a very friendly atmosphere. I recommend it if you're in the area.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Honestly, our absolute favourite meal we ate in Thailand.
My husband is vegetarian, I am not, however I decided to take him to this restaurant after reading such good things about it.
If you're looking for a big, busy, bustling restaurant, then this is not for you. If you want a small, quiet, intimate, personal service, then go here.
As soon as we entered, Bee made us feel at home. She discussed some options with us and when we began to order, she suggested we'd ordered too much! She agreed to make it all though because we were desperate to sample so many of the dishes.
Every item was cooked freshly right in front of our eyes. She kept checking the level of spice we required and discussed the ingredients with us.
Recommendations:
Yellow curry (quite spicy!)
Fresh spring rolls
Mushroom and cashew nut
Veg tempura.

Bee clearly has a passion for vegetarian food, and that is proven by how delicious the food is.
She was quite upset by a comment on here a few days ago about 'fake meat'; I mean, if you're going to a veggie restaurant, There's a good chance there will be some immitation meat, especially if you order a 'ham'burger!
She was so sweet - after we had paid and explained we were leaving the next day, she rustled up one of her famous burgers for my husband to eat on the plane because the plane food is so bad! At no extra cost. Now that's service.
I could go on about how amazing the meal and experience was, but there's not much point - you should just go and experience it for yourself.
Remember, this isn't a massive business, this is a woman, who welcomes you in to her 'home' as a member of her 'family' and cooks you authentic Thai vegetarian food.
In a word, delicious. We can't wait to go back to Chiang Mai.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

The looks of this place are very unassuming, but the food was stellar! We stayed at Sira Boutique, and were very happy that this restaurant is right around the corner.

I would recommend the bean sprouts dish, and the sweet and sour stir fry. The carrot and 3 fruit shake was also very enjoyable.

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

We went here after reading all of the rave reviews and were quite disappointed. The ladies working here were very nice but there is no atmosphere and the food was just OK. Also they had a lot of fake meat in their meals, which OK, but for example the tofu and kimchee had fake beef and sausage, and no tofu or kimchee. Fried spring rolls were fine, and the hamburger just OK.

If you are stuck for dinner then this place is fine, but don't go out of your way to visit.