“A balanced approach!”

Body and Mind Healing
Ranked #16 of 210 Spas & Wellness in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A registered holistic and alternative health, healing and education centre in the heart of Chiang Mai Thailand, focusing on holistic education, personal growth, relaxation, health and healing for our students and clients.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Regina,Saskatchewan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A balanced approach!”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I had the honor of taking part in several courses Rod had to offer over the winter from February- April 2014. I intended to come to Chiang Mai to do a Master and Teacher course but found much more than I ever anticipated!

As a level 2 Reiki student over the past 9 years I felt it was time to take things to the next level. Balancing the body and mind has always been a great interest as well to find ways to practice medicine alternatively for myself and others. When I came to Body and Mind Healing I knew I made a great choice in Chiang Mai.

I began my spiritual adventure by taking part in a full 7 week Chi Kung course and never looked back! The mentor (Rod) runs a very good practice and always gives you something to take away and think about after every class. Positive affirmations and a sense of clarity is what Rod provides best. I put a great focus on my breathing for the 7 week course and it was a great way to start off the day. Offering Chi Kung classes at 9 AM Mon-Fri allowed me to have the whole day ahead of me to do as I pleased with grace and ease. Chiang Mai, itself acts as an amazing place to study the healing arts so all goes hand in hand for providing a focal point for holistic studies. I am so excited with this course that I am taking small steps to share it with only select individuals who have a desire in the holistic arts. I am truly inspired by Rod's teachings and truly grateful for all that was gained over the course duration.

In addition I revisited my level 2 Reiki course with Rod and kept an open mind with alternative teaching methods. I found Rod's insights and techniques to be very valuable when it comes to my practice with Reiki.

Finally the Taoist and Tantric course for Men was something that really sparked my interest and I was happy to complete the course and learn some very interesting techniques for improving the bodies vitality and maintaining it.

The Chi Kung, Reiki and the Taoist and Tantric course are all complimentary to each other for alternative medicine/holistic healing. I feel that this balanced approach has started to open up the door to advanced creativity as well as significantly improved body vitality and increased stress reduction.

I took part in a yoga session as well that Rod teaches which is Hatha yoga and found it very cool that Rod did Mantras in his Yoga class. Something I haven't experienced before. Rod also offers a Superfood called Spirulina which is organic and imported from India at a fraction of western prices. I am happy I discovered this Superfood with many health benefits to improve the bodies vitality,energy and immunity.

All courses and drop-ins are quite affordable so If you are in Chiang Mai, stop by and say hello to an amazing mentor (Rod) at Body and mind Healing and get ready for an experience of a lifetime! Looking forward to returning in the near future!

Visited February 2014

Heidelberg, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lifechanging”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Rod and his courses are awesome, I learned so much from the course itself and from his stunning speeches. You won't regret to visit this place!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank christianfromgermany
Broome, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic!!!!!!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

My boyfriend and I based our holiday around Rod's Body and Mind Healing School. Initially we wanted to learn Reiki but we actually ended up doing a weeks Chi Kung and the couples Alchemy course as well. Rod is fantastic, very funny, a great teacher and very knowledgable in holistic therapies. We had a great time, loved all the courses and learned a lot. We would definitely recommend Rod's classes and we hope to go back one day to learn more!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank 839Saz
Hong Kong, China
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Good for Yoga Beginner”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I joined a 5 days beginner yoga course, an hour per day. I was lucky as there were only 3 ladies, including me, in a class. teacher is good and patient. I just walked to this centre as I stayed in a B&B named "Siri Kamsan" which just next to this centre. I really enjoyed spending time with Rob for 5 days during my relaxing holiday there.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Wahaha_bear
beijing
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Amazing beginner yoga course”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I've just finished the 5-day beginner yoga course in Body and Mind with Rod as my teacher. It cost me 1500B for 5 one-hour sessions and we met Mon-Fri from 11:30-12:30 in a group of 3 that grew to 4.

I have tried doing yoga once or twice before but never felt comfortable, finding it hard to follow and being not the most flexible of people, and the course at Body and Mind had completely changed my feeling towards yoga.

The classes are very well paced and what is even most important, Rod manages to make everyone feeling very comfortable and is super encouraging.

The only negative thing about the class is that Rod tends to lecture a bit and chant in Hindi during mediation, which is not exactly my style :) but it is completely compensated by the quality of his instruction.

I would highly recommend this course to anyone who is interested in trying out yoga or tried and failed before.

Visited February 2014