“Good resting point”

Mr KAI Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 2,297 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Well located within the temple trails in the old city, food was okay but selection limited and do not expect anything fanciful. Well priced though. Staff friendly. The place is fairly small with only about 10 tables.

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

this is an excellent little restaurant and well worth the walk to get there. the food was tasty and really reasonably priced - you can see into the kitchen and everything looked clean and cared for. the cutlery arrived in individual packets so i assumed clean.
my only complaint is that the chairs were really uncomfortable maybe so you don't linger too long!
it looked popular with tourist and locals alike.
well worth a visit

Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

The first time I came here was November 2013. My friend and I passed by on our way to Wat Phra Singh and noticed how busy it was. We ate a feast and it was only about 300 THB.
This time, I came to Chiang Mai with my boyfriend and knew I had to come back. Thankfully it wasn't too busy as it was around 4PM. We both loved the meal. Got the spicy vermicelli, tom yum soup, and stir fried morning glory and everything was bursting with flavours and so delicious. Food is cheap, portions are perfect. We also got a coconut and papaya shake, all for a little over 200 THB. After the meal, you get a free small banana to eat. :)

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I felt obliged to write this review after sampling some of the best food I've ever tasted anywhere in Thailand.Firstly getting a seat at Mr Kai's is no easy task as it's always busy!!!Secondly his smoothies area bsolutely delicious which he makes in front of you at his outside juice bar.

I stayed in Chiang Mai for 10 days and every day had at least one meal here.I tried everything from Papaya salad to curries and found every meal to be a delight and some of the cheapest meals I've experienced in Thailand.An absolute gem of a find and I can't wait to revisit Mr Kai's later this year for a gastro feast and a cold Singha.

Kia Kaha Mark(NZ)

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I could not get a table.... constantly busy and full... a great sign.
Eventually was asked if i would like to join a table of fellow brits and glad i did. Nice meal with nice peole and exchanging travelling stories was a nice way to spend an hour.
Service was good... food excellant and prices even better.
Fruit shakes and smoothies went down well.

Went back the next day and enjoyed lunch. My turn to offer a place at the table to a chinese family. Again pleasant conversation and great food.

Nice atmospere in central Chiang mai. Recommended for budget travellers but also for good local food.