“Haven't caught a fish since I was 10 years old.”

Big Game Fishing Adventure Tour - Private Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Fish for Mekong Giant catfish at a stocked fishing lake near chiang mai city. Weighing up to 40 kilos. We also operate lure fishing trip for giant snakehead in a river or water reservoir. For more details please visit website
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Haven't caught a fish since I was 10 years old. What excitement for me. My first fish was 35 kilo's and followed with a 42 kilo fish. Great fighters and nearly 1 hour each to land them. I was so excited I nearly wet myself. Hahahaha. The memory will last me a lifetime. Rated 10/10

Suvit T, Owner at Big Game Fishing Adventure Tour - Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We had a great day on the water. Unfortunately we didn't got any snakehead but a lot of Jungle Perch in the morning. Suvit was an excellent guide! Will book a tour again the next time when I'm in Chiang Mai! Nevertheless it's a bit expensive. For me it was worth it!

Suvit T, Owner at Big Game Fishing Adventure Tour - Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Today I went fishing for catfish in one of the local lakes with big game fishing adventure tours. It was an awesome day, in total I caught 21 throughout the day, the biggest being 26 kgs. The biggest of our group was a 31kg. In total the group had around 45 catfish out and mostly of a decent size! Our transport to and from our hostel was included as well as lunch. Drinks are extremely cheap on site. The guide we had for the day was very friendly and extremely helpful. Would definitely recommend to experienced anglers as well as beginners, the guide will give you as much help as you need. If my experience is anything to go by I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

wow, what a trip!

i have always been into fishing and this is a wonderful place to go. The lake is a nice size never to busy (i have been 4 times) and the guides are so helpful and if your new to fishing they will walk you through everything from step one but if your experienced they help but let you to do your thing.

In one trip (full day) between 4 people we landed 42 fish smallest being 8kg and the biggest 31kg. we had quite a few fish 20kg up.

The fishing gear provided is one rod and reel plus all bait needed for the day. The guide will help you at all times to bait your rod.

They send a driver to pick you up from your hotel and lunch is provided (standard thai meals) but is quite nice. they have a shop also selling ice cream and drinks including beer all at a good price.

would really recommend to any one wanting to try fishing for the first time as you are pretty much guaranteed to catch but also to the experienced angler as the big mekong catfish really do put up an amazing fight.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Big game fishing adventure tour was amazing. Picked us up right at our hotel, and took us for a half day where we caught 14 big fish! Caught a range from 30 to 70 pounds each fish. Kept us busy the whole time which was wicked. The guide also was very helpful and extremely friendly and also good at speaking English. I would definitely recommend this fishing guide and tour to everyone.

Suvit T, Owner at Big Game Fishing Adventure Tour - Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013