“Delicious veg pad thai”

Cuisines: Diner, Thai, International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Lovely restaurant. Was quiet. Veg pad Thai absolutely delicious. Portion was small so ordered deep fried spring rolls. Very oily and too little filling
Restaurant beautiful set up. Very zen. Prices reasonable.

There are newer reviews for Bodhi Zen Vegetarian Restaurant

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stumbled on this place with 5 friends and thought we would give it a try. The server was very friendly but very awkward. We watched our over priced sodas sit and get warm on the counter for awhile before they were brought over. We ordered starters that he suggested, but came after our meals. The meals were not as described in the menu, for example our friend got vegetables with peanut sauce and we all tried it and agreed there was not a hint of peanut or any peanuts among the vegetables, which also came with no rice or noodles, so it was just a plate of bland fried vegetables. All our other meals were just average. When our bill came we were charged for 2 things (rice and naan) that said were included in the meals. At this point we were just frustrated and after paying more for this meal than we all normally spend on dinner, we had to get a snack after to fill us up.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I got a green curry which was made mild for my taste buds. It had lots of fresh verges, which I appreciated after eating so much stir fries in the last few days. Restaurant seating is upstairs and quite cozy.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I had written before, and then did not give the appropriate high marks I intended, so allow me to show my first words written, and to thank the owners for responding, but bottom line I was a very satisfied customer.
Because I have a friend who has become a Vegan, he suggested we try this place. It is food wise, and menu content absolutely outstanding. The owner is very nice, the waiter pleasant the Chef very talented.

I did unfortunately for me, because I am an old phart, find the trip up the stairs to be a little difficult, BUT even given that issue for me, given the tastes I had, I will go back. Bottom line if you are looking for Vegetarian food, freshly prepared and really really good, then this is a must. If you are a "Vegan", tell them, they will make sure to fix to your liking.

I will be returning tomorrow for lunch, and know I will be as pleased as before. This really is a delightful restaurant, nice ambience (once you negotiate the stairs), and attentive and caring people. pretty good combination.

1  Thank Arizona1940
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I ate here with my partner, and were very impressed with the food. However, the TripAdvisor map is not correct and it took us a while to find the place! Eventually we just plugged the address into Google Maps, and it set us straight. But TripAdvisor should modify this so that other customers are not confused.

Onto the food -- we ordered green guava juice and a vegetable wrap as our started. The juice was tasty and the wrap was excellent, with wasabi, fresh cream cheese, and loaded with marinated veggies. For our main courses, we both ordered the peanut sauce stirfry. My partner got it with brown rice, and I got mine with deep-fried rice balls. I was a little skeptical of the rice balls when ordered, but was very happy when they arrived. Well-battered, crispy on the outside and well-seasoned on the inside, they complimented the flavour of the peanut sauce perfectly.

This is a great place and we'd definitely return!

1  Thank Daniel S