Roseate Hotel
Vista Hotel(Chiang Mai)
  • Restaurant
Mali's Room(Chiang Mai)
Good 3.5/5
Bua Raya Hotel(Chiang Mai)
  • Restaurant
Average 3/5
Great 4.5/5
Sumit Hotel(Chiang Mai)
Average 3/5
Lamchang House(Chiang Mai)
Very Good 4/5
Great 4.5/5
All reviewstour deskold citytour booking servicetv receptionconvenient storewalking distancebed was very comfortablequiet sidefried ricefree wifikad suan kaewnight food marketlimited englishelephant parksunday marketminute walkenglish channels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Had a room here for 3 nights. Hotel is very modern and appears like it is brand new or has just been completely redecorated. You felt you were staying somewhere a bit special, although the room rates were very reasonable at around £30 per night. Staff were very welcoming, there is a desk in the lobby where you can book trips, and a seating area outside the front of the hotel where you can have a drink and watch the world go by. My room was spacious and clean, nice big walk in shower and extremely comfortable soft bed - a real bonus as many hotels in Thailand have very hard beds. My room didn't have any windows which was a bit odd at first, but the lighting was quite good and I soon got used to it. Would have preferred some natural light though. Breakfast was ok but not brilliant. We found a lovely restaurant about 10 minute walk away called The Glasshouse. The menu was excellent and included quite a few "western" choices which pleased me! Back to the Roseate, would highly recommend this place for a comfortable and reasonably priced stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Beatriz19
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Very good quality hotel with very friendly staff. New hotel (beginning 2013) and therefore good and nicely decorated bedrooms. Bathroom also very nice and luxurious. The beds are soft, which we found is a rarity in Thailand and we loved it. Internet is OK but don't expect to stream movies. Breakfast is very good. Free parking space at hotel. Roseate is situated right at the side of old town and many nice things can be reached by foot.

We loved our 3 night stay!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Matthijs L
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Nice clean well presented hotel in a convenient location for an excellent price. Large spacious rooms with extremely comfortable beds - would say that this was the best mattress I have ever had in a hotel - and a good size flat screen television. Restaurant was not up to much - there are far better places to go for excellent food at really cheap prices in the old town. Try one of the small local eateries in the old town which serve fabulous food at really cheap prices. Breakfast was average - one criticism was that the breakfast is a buffet and it took too long to refill certain stations particularly when busy. I was surprised by this as there were enough staff on duty. The hotel was situated in a quiet area convenient to get tuk tuks to the old town. I would definitely stay again purely for the rooms which were very good indeed.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Susan J
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed here for a week, and it was in a good location, convenient for flagging down tuk-tuks and the larger red bus type, and taxis. You are on the edge of the old city, so everything there is easy to walk to. Our room was clean, with comfortable beds, the bathroom was fine (the shower wasn't powerful but otherwise worked fine). We had breakfast at the hotel, which is ok, Thai food and some cereals, toast, French toast and pancakes, although we did skip it one morning in favour of one of the lovely cafes in the old city. We didn't eat there in the evening - there is no need when there are so many fantastic little places in the old city, not to mention the food markets where you can pick up amazing food for very little money. Wi-fi was slow at first but seemed to improve later in the week. I would definitely stay there again for the cleanliness, comfortable beds, spacious rooms, and convenient location.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking a football practice court, my sister had one overlooking a pretty garden, neither of them were noisy, but I can't speak for anyone who had a room overlooking the main road.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stayed here for the last 5 nights. Our room was very nice, clean, well appointed. We were in the back building which was quiet. I don't know if the front building is noisier. The staff spoke little English - not many people in Chiang Mai speak English but they are gracious to try - we are in their country after all.

The mattress was heavenly! Felt like memory foam.

Wifi was very slooow. I was trying to blog with pictures so perhaps not so slow with lighter use. I had to leave 20 pictures to upload during the night while I was sleeping. Each was taking about 5 minutes.

The one drawback for us was that the hotel restaurant was terrible and there were not many other options in the area.

The included breakfast had white or light tan bread you could toast very lightly with butter and marmalade or strawberry jelly. Corn flakes or something like cocoa pops with milk. Wattery orange juice. Pancakes or french toast, etc and some Thai dishes.

We ate there one evening and were the only ones dining there. When we entered no one approached us and finally it seemed they had waited to find someone who spoke a little English.
Menu was in English. I opted for a sandwich was so so.

If you like Thai food for breakfast there were a number of selections and I can't speak for them. Read other reviews.

So I would give the hotel a very good grade but suggest you eat elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business