“Bay´s Cafe + Food4Thought = Perfect combination”
Review of Food4Thought

Food4Thought
Ranked #154 of 2,137 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, International, Healthy, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: - MANIFESTO - HOMEMADE Every product we use is homemade from scratch. Although taste may vary from time-to-time because of this, we believe the end results are much higher-quality, better tasting & fresher products. What’s more, by insisting on making things in-house, the absence of chemicals, preservatives and other additives is assured. While we don’t pretend to be healthy according to every standard, we are certain our commitment to natural and homemade equates to generally healthier food. THOUGHTFUL At Food4Thought, we have a lot goals. Do we strive to create one of the better eating establishments Chiang Mai has to offer? Ofcourse! But above all things, it is our aim to run our business thoughtfully and to use it as much as possible as a tool for good in our community. Whether it be sourcing food locally, crafting the type of menu that can bring people with different food ethics and health needs together, using our space to discuss the important issues of our day, or supporting local issues with fund-raising activities, we insist on being more than just a place to… fill your belly. LOCAL We believe in using local ingredients. Not because we believe it is unequivocally better for the environment, but rather because we believe it empowers and strengthens local communities & individuals. Indeed, we are convinced that the manner in which we spend our money is the only tangible way to bolster individual autonomy in our modern society. UGLY We consider ourselves part of the “ugly food movement”. Our goal is to help reduce global food waste by using produce that would normally not be sold on account of it being misshapen or discolored. Thus, sometimes our produce will not be the most beautiful, but we can assure you that the nutrition is the same! Typically, once a dish is prepared, you’ll never notice the difference.
Stockholm, Sweden
“Bay´s Cafe + Food4Thought = Perfect combination”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Food from Food4Thought and true coffee from Bay´s Café.
Their wrap is very nice. The coffee is not made in a fancy coffee machine. This is true coffee with as much attention as the food. Afterthought all the way from the bean.
Place is a little bit off the map, but go there and continue to the Center of the Universe Swimming pool.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank ulfahag

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Best original wraps in Chiang Mai”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Tasty healthy food for sure...I always feel great after eating here. The new location is larger and offers more seating. They also now serve organic coffee too, since Bay's Cafe is attached, so you can get a full breakfast. Everything I have had, has been delicious, the bread is fresh, and I get my veggie fix. I am still trying to get myself to try the other new dishes, since I keep ordering my favorite, the egg & avocado green wrap. My friend had the PB&J, which had a nice twist to it, and they even lightly toasted the bread- yum!...Good job guys!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank practicaltraveler411
Haverhill, United Kingdom
“Smoothies galore”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Friendly staff, a great choice and very healthy options. A pleasant change from the usual breakfasts available. Good luck with the new venture

Visited May 2013
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Creative Salads and Drinks”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

If all the salads are as creative, fresh and delicious at Food4Thought as the one I tried, this is a "go to" lunch place for Thais and foreigners alike. Food4Thought is located near Maharaj Hospital on Suthep Rd. in the alleyway directly across from the hospital. Previously, I have had smoothies here which have been unique and delicious combinations with foods I have never thought about putting in smoothies. Try the smoothie with oatmeal!

Wraps and Salads are the current fare and they don't fail. My salad had smoked salmon rolled around French cheese in a bed of fresh organic greens. Each one was carefully pinned on top of a cucumber, tomato and onion garnish. Yellow peppers garnished the mixed salad greens. To top off this wonderful salad was a smooth and creamy pesto dressing which went well with the everything in the salad, particularly the salmon.

I also had a beet and apple veggie drink fresh from the juicer. AWESOME! You could taste the freshness of everything. And why not? The focus of Food4Thought is green. Everything is organic to the extent possible here in Thailand.

The service was good. The atmosphere is outside with other food kiosks, just off the main road, so there are no moving for pedestrians or other "main" street food vendor hassles. There are a few seats for eating as well. Given that the food is organic, made fresh, the price is good. As I understand it, they also have delivery to limited areas. The menu has breakfast offering so I believe they are open early.

• Visited July 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food4Thought, a healthy food oasis”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Food4Thought is an oasis of healthy food in a desert of fried meatballs. It's ironic, but not strange, that the area around Chiang Mai's main health center has no options for healthy food -- until now. Food4Thought is a new restaurant serving natural food: salads, wraps, smoothies. Let thy food be thy medicine!

• Visited May 2013