“Kate and Mister A, simply the best!”

Katetravel - Day Tours
Ranked #138 of 255 Tours in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Chaing Mai Enjoy something different with us ! (Private Tour) We are provide private tour of Northern part of Thailand and the tour will start from Chiang Mai. (Daily tour) The Salogan of Chiang Mai Province "In the shadow of Doi Suthep mount , blessed with rice customs and traditions , beautiful wild flowers ,magnificent Nakhon Phing "
Auckland Region, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Kate and Mister A, simply the best!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My husband, sister and i arrived in Chiang Mai on Sunday afternoon. The clerk at our hotel very kindly called a girl named Atom in to help us with our sightseeing arrangements.
Atom arranged for Kate and Mister A to collect us from our hotel at 10.00 on Monday morning. It was a joy to meet Kate, she was so warm and friendly. Kate took us to the van and introduced us to her husband Mister A. We had the most amazing day, we were taken to the Mae Taeng Elephant Park where we feed bananas and sugarcane to the friendly elephants before going for a 50 minute ride through the natural parkland, we crossed the river twice, and the sure footed elephants carried us safely up hilly terrain. On our return we saw more elephants, dance, paint and play football.
After a delicious lunch we enjoyed a ride on an ox cart followed by a 4km ride down the river on a bamboo raft, propelled along by two very strong Thai gentlemen each with a long bamboo pole. That was so peaceful and beautiful.
Next we travelled higher into the mountains where my husband and I experienced the thrill of zip lining while my sister enjoyed a relaxing leg massage. Next on the agenda was a visit to the Long Neck and Hill Tribe peoples. Kate and Mister A walked through the village with us and helped us to purchase some of the beautiful hand crafts the ladies from the different tribes had made and were selling.
Mister A was also extremely helpful to my sister, he steadied her and helped her negotiate some of the uneven terrain for which she was so grateful.
Our last port of call was to the butterfly and orchid gardens, the orchids were brilliant, so much colour and variety, unfortunately there weren't a lot of butterflies though we did see an enormous green caterpillar.
It was a day packed with adventure and wonder and Kate was a charming guide and Mister A a very competent driver.
That evening I realised I had left my photo from the elephant park in the van. When Atom got hold of Kate she was already on her way to bring it in to me. Kate and Mister A arrived with freshly prepared mango (from her Mum's garden) and sticky rice for us to enjoy. To my great joy they had time to take us to Tiger Kingdom!
Wow, what a wonderful place this is. The tigers were so well cared for and their enclosures were spotlessly clean. We all went in with the baby tigers then my husband and I went in with the juveniles and the fully grown tigers. It was one of the best and most memorable experiences of my life.
We had a delicious lunch in the restaurant which Kate organised for us and then sadly it was time for Mister A to drive us to the airport. We were really sad to be saying goodbye to Kate and Mister A, in those few short hours over one and a half days we felt like we had become part of their family. Whenever we return to Chiang Mai we will definitely see them again and of course use their services as there is still so much to see and do in that region. I would definitely recommend their services to anybody needing a tour guide and driver whilst in Chiang Mai and I wish them well for the future.

Visited May 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

3 Thank Isabelle E
katetravel2013, Manager at Katetravel - Day Tours, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Isabelle

Many thanks for a good review for me and Mister A . We are very happy to see you and your family in Chiang Mai again.

Warm Wish

Kate & A

Jakarta, Indonesia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wonderful Chiang Mai with Kate”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We've been visited Chiang Mai on June 2013, eventhough we just met Kate & husband only at a half day tour in Chiang Mai, but it's very wonderful moment for me and my family. Kate so helpful and so kind, she made every place we've visit so interesting. I hope someday we can come to Chiang Mai again and meet Kate. Thanks a lot Ms.Kate & Mr.A.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Jeny J
katetravel2013, Manager at Katetravel - Day Tours, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Hi : Jen

Thank you so much for a good review . W are so happy and very welcome to take care all of your family in Chiang Mai again.

Kate & A
Suresnes, Ile-de-France, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“April 2013 - Thank you so much Kate & Mister A !”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Kate has been our guide for several days around Chiang Mai with Mister A as a driver. Kate quickly figured out what we were interested in to propose what was the most adequate for us and always in a very kind way. Our 2 shy children have immedialtely loved them and wanted to spend the rest of the trip with them...Kate is fluent in English and is able to give very interesting explanations on her country, we have learned a lot with her on temples and we took advantage of all her advices in Chiang Mai. Kate and Mister A will remain one of our best "souvenir" from Thailand, they are so nice and smart. We warmly recommend her tours. Thank you very much for all you did for us Kate & Mister A ! See you again in Thailand, hopefully...

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Sophie L
katetravel2013, Manager at Katetravel - Day Tours, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Hi Sopie and your family

Thanks you so much for a very good review for us and hopefully to see your family in Chiang Mai again.

Many thanks again to Enjoy something different with us.

Kathmandu, Nepal
194 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 243 helpful votes
“Kate is Great”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Kate and her husband are a wonderful team. The owner at Baan Orapin called them while we had breakfast and I think we were lucky that they were free that morning. They took us to Doi Suthep temple on the hill above Chiang Mai. Kate explained the building of the temple and many other interesting bit of information. I made going so much more interesting. They took us to a fantastic vegetarian restaurant near the University then off to the waterfalls just outside of Chiang Mai. After each stop they had cold water and towels for us or chilled fresh fruits and were willing to take us where ever we wanted to go. They are definitely ***** !!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Kciff
So nice to got a very good review from you and we very proud .We welcome to all of you come back to Chiang Mai again and we will take care you again.

Have a wonderful day.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“totally worth it”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I met Kate and her husband Mister A about a month ago. I was with 5 other friends. She came to pick us up from our hotel in Chiang Mai and took us to all the places we had chosen, plus anything else that was interesting and on the way. She gave us explanations about everything in each place we visited. A real guide. Everything was thought out for us: cool water in the car, with snacks for the trip, lunch in a delicious restaurant with special a special meal for me who's a vegan, she even had fresh tissues that she kept in the cooler (very appreciable). Mister A is a very good an cautious driver. She is not the cheapest tour guide but it's totally worth it, it is really a luxury service that stays really cheap for European standards (about 50 $ per person, whole day and everything just mentioned included).

It was so nice to have an inside view of Thailand and it's culture through activities and conversations with Kate. It's also nice to be with a thai who speaks good enough English to make this interaction possible. It was so nice we all went on a second tour with her and then I even went back on my own. Lovely couple, lovely lady, very professional and service oriented. I've had to lower my standards in every service business interaction, not with Katetravel. I really recommend them. Have a very nice trip. :-)

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Liza M
Hi Lea

Many thanks for good review for us and hopefully to see you in Chiang Mai again.

We looking to take care you again.Have a wonderfull day.

kiss