“Great place to eat and work”
Review of Sojo's Cafe

Sojo's Cafe
Ranked #1,570 of 2,237 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Popular for locals and tourists alike, Sojo’s has a wide Western cuisine and serves breakfast to dinner with top sellers including the Southern Breakfast, Southwest Salad, Lasagna, BBQ Bacon Burger, Smoked Ham Club Sandwich, Fish & Chips and Mexican Tortilla Soup. There's also a kid’s menu, incredible coffee, and a selection of delicious desserts & fresh bread made daily in Sojo's bakery. Free Wi-Fi and fully air-con. Catering services and meeting rooms also available for up to 150 persons. Open M-F 6:30am-8pm & Sat/School Holidays 7:30am-8pm. Closed Sunday.
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Sojo's Cafe has been a staple restaurant of ours for years now. The food has always been great. The service has improved over the years and is actually pretty good now. The atmosphere is very comfortable and spacious. They even have free wifi, so you can use the internet and work (or play) while you're eating or enjoying something from their coffee menu. There are large rooms that can even accommodate groups.

The breakfasts are really good at Sojos. You'd be hard pressed to find a bigger omelet in town. They also have free refills on coffee in the morning hours, something unheard of in Chiang Mai. Their bakery makes delicious breads, cinnamon rolls, baked goods, etc.

They have a set menu for lunch that is both affordable and fast. Their full menu is also very good. Some of my favorite items are the chicken fingers with honey mustard sauce, pulled pork plate, and southwestern salad. They also serve some Thai dishes if that's what you're in the mood for.

Bottom line: I highly recommend a visit to Sojo's Cafe if you're in the area. It's a little out of the way for those who are staying in town, but it's worth a visit if you're headed out towards the Hang Dong area.

1  Thank Jeffe13

Reviewed April 22, 2013

When I first arrived in Chiang Mai a year ago, friends told me about Sojo's. "They have free WIFI and is large enough for you to work there the whole day without feeling like you're taking up valuable space," they said. And so, while waiting for my office to be set up, I made Sojo's my office. I've spent many days here, had endless cups of coffee, fruit smoothies, and granola with fresh mango. And I've met many new friends here. I've felt very much at home at Sojo's. I'll bet you would, too.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have been to Sojo's a few times and enjoyed the bakery and cafe. Always good food and drinks and I always grab something from the bakery to eat at home as well so I don't miss out. It has free wifi and is air con plus it has heaps of seating so I can stay there all day. I have also been there for seminars a couple of times and it is a good meeting place and the buffet Thai food was delicious! Really good value for what we pay and my friends enjoy to go there as well. Good that they have special event days too like thanksgiving and christmas buffets to make us feel like we are at home!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I recently attended a business lunch here in their air-conditioned conference room, which was bright and clean, a lot of window space. I ordered cashew chicken w/ rice off the menus that were brought to us in the room. The food arrived in about 15-20 minutes, not just for myself, but for the other many people attending the lunch. Even though Sojo's is mostly Western food, the Thai food was VERY delicious, served on a long narrow plate, (looked like celadon), a great presentation for a standard dish in Thailand. Free flow of cold water and coffee topped it off. Unfortunately, I didn't take the time to have a dessert - my loss!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Just wanted to give a good word on this cafe - little outside of town but is nice.

A friend and I went there for American Thanksgiving dinner this year. We were both strangers in town but saw this posted on Facebook group.

One tip take a tuk tuk or have transport as hard to get one back once there.

People who run it are very nice. Dinner that night was excellent.

They have a large cafe area, small shop and serve food daily. They are also engaged with their community on social issues.

I am no longer in CM otherwise would drop down to see them again.