Dreamlake Fishing Adventure - Private Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed August 28, 2013

What a great day out. Friendly, helpful guide, beautiful spot and loads of fish. We caught 18 and some over 50 pounds. If you are considering it, go!!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We took a half day trip to this lake and had a great time! We were collected from our hotel and were in a group of 4, and between us landed around 16 huge catfish! The biggest of which was 40+ kgs. The rods were bated and cast for us and we took it in turn (more or less) to land the fish - a very exciting as well as exhausting and messy afternoon! There is a basic shop with refreshments and t-shirts, towels etc (quite useful to buy when your clothes are smelly and wet after handling these monsters!!). There are sinks and toilet facilities; they are basic though.
We were happy just to have taken the half day option as it is very tiring!
Highly recommended.

1  Thank Andrew246
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I did the half day package and expected to maybe catch a few fish but spent most of the time trying to bring huge fish to shore. It was a good workout. Biggest fish caught was about 40kg.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Had never been fishing before. Had never really wanted to go fishing but after a hugely disappointing fishing experience in Cuba last year, my husband and son were keen to go and I decided to join them. I'm so glad I did - what a great day out!

The man made lake isn't the prettiest I've ever seen but it wasn't all that far from the centre of Chiang Mai, there was plenty of shade and the shop sold ice cold beer! We were teamed up with an Australian family of seasoned fishermen and they started catching fish almost immediately. I took an hour to learn how to cast, but the guide was patient and eventually I was able to start fishing. It was surprisingly enjoyable, and the icing on the cake was when, after an epic battle, and help from at least 3 other people, I finally landed a fish! It was a 30+ kilo catfish, ugly as sin but hugely impressive.

We had cold beers to celebrate and I finished off the morning's fishing by catching another fish unaided. I felt that it was best to end on a high so although we were booked in for the full day, after lunch, my family resumed fishing but I stayed in the decking area at one end of the lake. It was shady, close to the beer supply, had comfy chairs, a view of the lake and free Wi-Fi so I spent a very happy, relaxing afternoon there.

As an introduction to fishing, this was unbeatable. Both my husband and son caught many fish (all of which are thrown back) and my son's final catch was a monster catfish of close to 40kilos. Everyone went home happy! Well worth the money!

3  Thank piglit36
Reviewed July 23, 2013

caught plenty of fish, helped by mr pong, excellent! can't say a bad thing about it, if you like fishing for big pussy's this is the place to go, I caught a 60kg cat.