“Who knew fishing could be so much fun!”

Dreamlake Fishing Adventure - Private Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Had never been fishing before. Had never really wanted to go fishing but after a hugely disappointing fishing experience in Cuba last year, my husband and son were keen to go and I decided to join them. I'm so glad I did - what a great day out!

The man made lake isn't the prettiest I've ever seen but it wasn't all that far from the centre of Chiang Mai, there was plenty of shade and the shop sold ice cold beer! We were teamed up with an Australian family of seasoned fishermen and they started catching fish almost immediately. I took an hour to learn how to cast, but the guide was patient and eventually I was able to start fishing. It was surprisingly enjoyable, and the icing on the cake was when, after an epic battle, and help from at least 3 other people, I finally landed a fish! It was a 30+ kilo catfish, ugly as sin but hugely impressive.

We had cold beers to celebrate and I finished off the morning's fishing by catching another fish unaided. I felt that it was best to end on a high so although we were booked in for the full day, after lunch, my family resumed fishing but I stayed in the decking area at one end of the lake. It was shady, close to the beer supply, had comfy chairs, a view of the lake and free Wi-Fi so I spent a very happy, relaxing afternoon there.

As an introduction to fishing, this was unbeatable. Both my husband and son caught many fish (all of which are thrown back) and my son's final catch was a monster catfish of close to 40kilos. Everyone went home happy! Well worth the money!

3  Thank piglit36

Reviewed July 23, 2013

caught plenty of fish, helped by mr pong, excellent! can't say a bad thing about it, if you like fishing for big pussy's this is the place to go, I caught a 60kg cat.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

After fishing in Chiang Mai last November, I just had to give it another go. Wasn't disappointed again with a multiple bag catch, all fish released again. This fish are monsters and the smallest fish that I caught was about 15 kilo and the largest fish being about 40 kilo. If your into fishing or even if your not, its a must do.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I spent a very pleasant afternoon coarse fishing at this big pond/lake and caught 13 fish in almost 5 hours of great fishing. The guide was very helpful. 3 of these fish were about 50 pounds each and took over 20 minutes to land after first strike. I was told my arm muscles would be tired at the end of the day and I doubted it but it was true. Lovely spot with cold drinks available on site. perfect for fishing on your own or with a group of blokes.

1  Thank michael c
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Fishing was good caught 30-40kg catfish. Cost is almost the same for a full day as it is for a half day

1  Thank chezzlam