“A jump into el país Blasco ”
Review of El Patio

El Patio
Ranked #364 of 2,489 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2017 via mobile

In one of the soi closed to Nihmman rd in Chiang Mai, there's a small place where you can eventually feel in Spain, Blasco area. The owner is a lovely and funny person, he incarnates perfectly the style and the moods of Spanish people. Let's say I adore this place. Comfy funny and never boring. They have quite good wine selections and I was pleased that the owner offered me a tequila and joked me all night long as I inverted the lemon with the salt. A bit expensive for the locals, but of you want to spend a fancy night, it's perfect! When in Chiang Mai, I'll be back for sure.

Reviewed April 8, 2017

We had a great night at El Patio and hope to return next year. The Spanish guitarist was brilliant (he was also the bar man, and we were able to have a couple of Balboa dances! Owner was friendly - a real character and we look forward to meeting him next year. Sangria was good, menu choice was a little limited, but it was mid week so hopefully next time there will be a bit more choice

1  Thank Calabaykid
Reviewed March 13, 2017

We visited this bar on our first night in Chiang Mai and it was a nice chilled out place. The manager was wandering around and seemed quite friendly. The next night I was ill so my partner went out to do shopping and whilst doing so took the opportunity to have a beer in “El Patio”. The bar was much quieter than the previous evening and after my partner finished his beer he was the only customer remaining inside. The manager was talking to a couple sat outside he seemed to know and as my partner left the bar, the manager made a rude and insulting comment {something about a solitary activity!}. My partner was understandably angered by the manager’s uncalled for comment asked him to repeat himself, at which point the manager said “he was only messing about”.

The comment was unprovoked, unjustified and totally uncalled for. After reading other reviews for this place it seems that the manager has a Jekyll and Hyde persona and is either really nice to people or very unpleasant (seemingly when drunk). No wonder the place was empty; next door at Beer Republic was buzzing. Not a way to run a business.

1  Thank Dibs66
Reviewed March 12, 2017 via mobile

Ate here last night, food was beautiful - had tapas which was all nice. The restaurant owner is very friendly (gave my friend and I a free shot on the house after the meal). Would definitely return.... you must eat here if you're in Chiang Mai :-).

Reviewed March 1, 2017

Had a great night with an old friend and meeting lots of other interesting people, along with some lovely food, nice fresh salads a great refreshing delight after days of beautiful street food.
Would highly recommend and enjoyed meeting Chris the owner who very friendly, interesting, along with his staff.