“Green Table - First Class!”
Review of Green Table Restaurant - CLOSED

Green Table Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Great Fish Sandwich almost more fish than I could eat....... French Fries excellent.......

Enjoyed lunch here a couple of weeks ago. No need to say more as, "A picture is worth a thousand words".

1  Thank krabbyken

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Nice comfortable place in Kantary Terrace next to Kantary Hills hotel and on hip road Nimmanhaemin. Great bruschetta -- large portions, so plan carefully! Salmon and lamb were very good, fresh and filling. A great place with varied menu and prices for every pocketbook.

1  Thank europearoundtheworld
Reviewed May 22, 2013

It was clean, and very swanky. The staff very friendly and helpful. The food is what you would expect but nothing more. i thought my meal was average at best, but my wife thought her spaghetti was very tasty and worth The visit. It's a place really for younger couples on a romantic night out. I'm not saying we're old and past it, but it is geared up more for the hopeless romantics.

1  Thank Edward186356
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Location - Green Table is located on the south end of Nimmanhemin road which is the center of Chiang Mai's night life. The restaurant is easily accessible on the second floor of the Kantary Terrace building. Parking is available in the garage below. Its location lends itself to dinner followed by an evening out on Nimman visiting coffee shops, wine bars or going dancing at one of the many clubs.

Ambiance - The decor is beautiful with a Mediterranean design and a touch of Thai. The owners have done a great job of selecting art and tableware to suit the Mediterranean theme. Whilst not a large restaurant, the table layout and seating arrangements provide a private, albeit cozy space to enjoy a meal and conversion.

Food - The menu is superb with a range of dishes ranging from salmon to paste to lamb to steak with beautiful breads, salads and caprese. Expect to spend around 300 to 900 baht ($10.00 to $30.00 USD) per person for dinner including an appetizer, excluding drink and dessert. I personally recommend the grilled salmon salad and lamb shanks.

Drink - They have a full drinks menu. We enjoyed a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon (red) and Sauvignon Blanc (white), both Australia with our meal. There have a range of apéritif's and digestif's for your before and afters but we stuck to the wine!

Service - I left service to the last as this can make or break a dinner session. We had booked a table in advance of our dinner and were quickly seated upon arrival. The restaurant was quite busy (e.g. all tables - full) but we were quickly attended to. The only real issue we experienced was that we kept having to request for our water and wine glasses to be refilled by the staff and for dishes to be cleared from the table. Closer attentiveness by the serving staff would be beneficial.

Final Thoughts - Having lived in Chiang Mai for the past 8 years, this is one of our (my wife and I) top 3 restaurants and we look forward to going back later this month.

4  Thank Christopher B
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Great new addition to the Chiang Mai restaurant scene. Located on Nimmanhaemin Soi 12, in the Kantary Terrace mini-mall (2nd floor, just above the car park entrance). Both indoor and outdoor (covered) seating available.

I've been going about 3 times a month since I first discovered it in February. Always get the green salad (mixed greens with red & green apples, red bell peppers & mango) but I prefer the Japanese Sesame dressing over the standard green balsamic dressing. I usually get the salmon or cod for main course and both are very good.

There are not many classy upscale western food restaurants in Chiang Mai, and this is now my favorite. The service is always excellent. The decor is classy but the atmosphere is friendly. And when I say 'upscale' I'm mainly referring to the food, service & atmosphere - the prices are very reasonable for such quality and certainly less than what you would pay in Bangkok for anything comparable. They have some good and very reasonably priced wines too.

The menu is rather diverse with a broad range of international fare done creatively.

The atmosphere is classy, so dress up a bit more than you would if you were going to the places in the Night Bazaar & Old City that cater to the backpacker and low budget crowds.

1  Thank WorldGolfTraveler