“Delicious steak & mediterranean food with exceptional service”
Review of Green Table Restaurant - CLOSED

Green Table Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Bangkok, Thailand
“Delicious steak & mediterranean food with exceptional service”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Recommended by a colleague so went for lunch with a client and ended back for dinner with my girlfriend that night! One of the few classy upscale international restaurants in Chiang Mai where the charming staff all speak excellent english (rare in Chiangmai).

Lunch and dinner menu has an excellent variety of food and drink. My lunch was the giant burger with great onions rings. My colleague said his club sandwich tasted just like home.

For dinner my girlfriend and I shared several appetizers but the pan-seared sesame-crusted tuna and grilled prawns wrapped in bacon stole the show! She also loved her linguine, clams with white wine sauce and my heart started pounding when my Ribeye steak arrived on a wood platter with garlic potatoes, mushrooms and sautéed onions. Hands down, the best steak I've eaten in Asia.

I also asked the bartender to make my girlfriend a special chick drink - she ended up having one light blue and one orange cocktail which in her words were "very yummy" and were making her feel giddy. I got busy with bottle of shiraz. Worth noting: The bartender even came over to make sure my girlfriend liked here drink. The staff here is exceptionally service minded.

I was stuffed for dessert but the girlfriend insisted we split a passionfruit sherbet. My dessert was a delicious strong coffee.

For the price/value Green Table is a winner. Prices don't break the bank and actually terrific value compared to a similar dining experience back home (Canada). The real pleasure is being able to sit in a peaceful air-con oasis in the Nimmanhemin Road business district and escape the heat, hustle and bustle of many asian cities. They even have parking. I have definitely found my "I know this great place" restaurant for Chaingmai!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank CanadianEric

• Thai first
thailand
“Destined to beome a regular lunch or dinner”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Elegant atmosphere,good service, great location and delicious food. The bacon wrapped prawns are truly delicious, perfectly cooked. Prices range from 100-600. They have great appetizers, pasta, lamb and steak. I will definitely add this restaurant to my list of regular restaurants.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank nanabananabkk
Bangkok
“Fantastic find”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

This restaurant will make you smile, on the inside and the outside. The setting is pleasant, the staff attentive and the food divine. We enjoyed watching the staff interact and appear to get genuine pleasure from their work. We worked our way though the menu and can not fault anything. The wine selection included a NZ sav blanc which excited us!
One very small areas for improvement which I am sure will be attended to as this new business finds its feet is the need to get all the main meals out at the same time.
Green Table is well worth a visit and it will not break the bank of even a budget traveller.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank spanniem
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“BEST CHIANG MAI RESTAURANT”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My wife and I ate at Green Table the first week that they opened and were surprised as to how good it was. We continue to eat there at least once a week and are always pleased. The decor is elegant...the food is perfectly prepared and served by a well trained, friendly and efficient staff. The menu options are many including beef, pork, chicken, pasta and delicious salads.The portions are generous and the price is very fair. In a town full of restaurants of all types this is our first choice for sure whether it be a romantic evening or just for dinner. They are now serving lunch which maintains their same high standards.

• Visited March 2013
5 Thank Donald B
Chiangmai
“Lunch WOW”
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Just had the Grilled Salmon Salad it was the best I have ever had. Just the right size with nice fresh salad, and assorted simmered mushrooms, the Ginger Balsnic dressing superb. The staff attentive and sweet, nice smile's.

4 Thank Thailand_Oasis_Spa