“All-rounded fitness holiday”

Absolute Bootcamp Fitness
More attraction details
Owner description: Here at Absolute Bootcamp Fitness we offer the perfect fitness holidays, from a seven day all inclusive Bootcamp holiday to, Bootcamp weekends, mid-week Bootcamp courses, private one on one Bootcamps, personal training and now Bootcamp activity days.A great way to get fit while experiencing the sights and culture of this wonderful city set in the foothills of Northern Thailand. Luxury accommodation at the Kiree Thara resort with free wifi, Set at the base of some of Chiang Mai's beautiful mountains. The perfect place to work out or just relax and take in the tranquility.
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I completed the 7-day bootcamp and have lost a bit of weight, but more importantly came out feeling great, powerful and with my body visibly more toned. Michelle, Rin and Ann showed genuine care and concern for the bootcampers and were happy to tailor the course to our needs. The course was fun and Michelle pushes you such that you would definitely be sore at the end of each day - but it is also sustainable so that you can keep going the next day.

It's also worth noting that all activities are open-air, and some are at sightseeing spots e.g. we hiked up to a lovely temple one morning. Your day also ends by 4pm latest, which gives you a lot of time to explore Chiang Mai in the evening (or head to the spa). This means that the course would not "eat into" your holiday in the beautiful city.

DAILY STRUCTURE:
Morning - 8am or 9am starts
1 big activity (e.g. buffalo rice farming or army assault), or
circuits + 1 short activity (e.g. kayak or short hike)
Lunch
Afternoon - ends around 3-4pm
1 activity (e.g. Muay Thai, rock climbing)

THE DIET:
Michelle follows the Paleo diet, in which you avoid all processed foods (e.g. no carbs, no dairy, no refined sugars). It was relatively easy to follow and you eat well throughout the camp. We had fried ribs for lunch on the first day. Warning - I originally had no intention of sticking to this diet once I've left the camp (sorry Michelle!!) so the day I got out of camp I gave in to temptation and had cheese and cake. Within 15minutes I was feeling dizzy and nauseated, and throughout the rest of the day I had a throbbing headache that reminded me that (a) Michelle is always right, and (b) processed foods are really, really bad for you. I am now seriously considering adopting Paleo for good.

All in all - great people and an excellent experience all round! Thank you so much and keep up with the good work :)

3  Thank Stephanie C

Reviewed July 16, 2013

This was my first experience of a bootcamp and I would do it again.

I basically wanted a kickstart to my fitness and I got this and more. I completed various activities during my seven days with Michelle and her team, I lost a bit of weight, was pushed physically (and accordingly slept well at night) and found out more about making better fuel/food choices.

Michelle and her team were good company during the day - during the exercise and coffees and lunches, I saw a lot of Chiang Mai, and got out of what I wanted.

2  Thank gus_walker
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Just got back from an exhausting but fun day with Michelle and Ren at Absolute Bootcamp Fitness. I opted to just do an activity day because I had an extra travel day in Chiang Mai and wanted to try something different. Sure enough, I had the pleasure of working on a rice farm alongside a bull - an experience I won't soon forget and thoroughly enjoyed! Also, Michelle aims to please - when after the days activities were over and I expressed that I felt I could have been pushed harder she drove me over to a climbing wall to put the finishing touches on my exhausting workout day. Cheers to her ability to adapt and go the extra mile to make sure her clients are satisfied!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Wow! You don't need to read on - if you're thinking about booking a bootcamp with Michelle and team, just do it! I promise you won't be disappointed. But if you need a bit more encouragement here goes...

I spent seven days with Michelle, mostly one on one so my experience was intense but fantastic! I was already at an average fitness level, but really wanted to build strength and improve my fitness. I was attracted to this specific bootcamp for two reasons. One - you actually learn about what is good for you including diet and can therefore apply it in your life once bootcamp is over. Two - it combines great Chiang Mai sight seeing and activities, a perfect way to see and truly experience the city whilst getting fit!

Michelle had a programme worked out and was more than happy to tweak it and change things around in order to tailor it to my own personal needs and preferences. Activities included a Thai Army assault course, Muay Thai boxing, ploughing a rice field with a real Buffalo, circuit training, challenges at Chiang Mai Zoo and the Royal Flora Gardens, kayaking, cycling and hiking. All activities were great fun and obviously very varied, so I never felt a sense of repetition. I can also stress that each activity would be suitable for all fitness levels as each can be adjusted accordingly.

The food was incredible! Michelle wants to ensure that you can go to a nice restaurant and know what to order whilst keeping your body healthy. So we ate out daily and every lunch was stunning! I was able to experience places in Chiang Mai that I never would have found on my own.

The resort (Kiree Thara) was nice and very relaxed. The room was large and modern with a comfortable bed, which is important on this bootcamp! I loved returning from bootcamp daily and diving in the pool then having a nap on a sun bed! The staff were friendly and the special bootcamp menu is great with plenty to choose from.

I can't recommend this activity highly enough - I will be back for certain. The bootcamp has changed my perception of exercise - it's all fun! Also eating - I'm far more aware of what I'm putting into my body and the effects of different foods - now I can make informed choices about how I look after myself. Thanks Michelle!

3  Thank magicfish79
Reviewed May 28, 2013

After a break of 2 months due to work and family commitments am so happy to be back training with Michelle and her team:) Two days in I am feeling re motivated, fitter and firmer. The most encouraging thing has been to see how much I can still do even though I was really only able to walk a lot while away. Michelle has warmly welcomed me back and is intent on building from where I'm at. I don't feel pressured at all for having lost a bit of ground (my own fault) but rather challenged to not just get back to where I was but to keep making progress. I also found while away that I was so much more conscious of my eating habits and therefore haven't slipped back to far weight wise. Today I was holding a boat for 60 seconds but in my mind had decided to break after 30 and then do for another 30 seconds. I asked Michelle to call the 30 second mark----she saw right through me and guess what I held it for 60 seconds!!! It was such an encouragement to me. Thanks Michelle and Rin.

1  Thank SallyCmai