“1st Bootcamp - would do it again”

Absolute Bootcamp Fitness
More attraction details
Owner description: Here at Absolute Bootcamp Fitness we offer the perfect fitness holidays, from a seven day all inclusive Bootcamp holiday to, Bootcamp weekends, mid-week Bootcamp courses, private one on one Bootcamps, personal training and now Bootcamp activity days.A great way to get fit while experiencing the sights and culture of this wonderful city set in the foothills of Northern Thailand. Luxury accommodation at the Kiree Thara resort with free wifi, Set at the base of some of Chiang Mai's beautiful mountains. The perfect place to work out or just relax and take in the tranquility.
Wellington, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“1st Bootcamp - would do it again”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This was my first experience of a bootcamp and I would do it again.

I basically wanted a kickstart to my fitness and I got this and more. I completed various activities during my seven days with Michelle and her team, I lost a bit of weight, was pushed physically (and accordingly slept well at night) and found out more about making better fuel/food choices.

Michelle and her team were good company during the day - during the exercise and coffees and lunches, I saw a lot of Chiang Mai, and got out of what I wanted.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank gus_walker

Chicago, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great alternative in Chiang Mai”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Just got back from an exhausting but fun day with Michelle and Ren at Absolute Bootcamp Fitness. I opted to just do an activity day because I had an extra travel day in Chiang Mai and wanted to try something different. Sure enough, I had the pleasure of working on a rice farm alongside a bull - an experience I won't soon forget and thoroughly enjoyed! Also, Michelle aims to please - when after the days activities were over and I expressed that I felt I could have been pushed harder she drove me over to a climbing wall to put the finishing touches on my exhausting workout day. Cheers to her ability to adapt and go the extra mile to make sure her clients are satisfied!

Visited July 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Best Bootcamp Ever! A must do for anyone wanting to improve their health.”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Wow! You don't need to read on - if you're thinking about booking a bootcamp with Michelle and team, just do it! I promise you won't be disappointed. But if you need a bit more encouragement here goes...

I spent seven days with Michelle, mostly one on one so my experience was intense but fantastic! I was already at an average fitness level, but really wanted to build strength and improve my fitness. I was attracted to this specific bootcamp for two reasons. One - you actually learn about what is good for you including diet and can therefore apply it in your life once bootcamp is over. Two - it combines great Chiang Mai sight seeing and activities, a perfect way to see and truly experience the city whilst getting fit!

Michelle had a programme worked out and was more than happy to tweak it and change things around in order to tailor it to my own personal needs and preferences. Activities included a Thai Army assault course, Muay Thai boxing, ploughing a rice field with a real Buffalo, circuit training, challenges at Chiang Mai Zoo and the Royal Flora Gardens, kayaking, cycling and hiking. All activities were great fun and obviously very varied, so I never felt a sense of repetition. I can also stress that each activity would be suitable for all fitness levels as each can be adjusted accordingly.

The food was incredible! Michelle wants to ensure that you can go to a nice restaurant and know what to order whilst keeping your body healthy. So we ate out daily and every lunch was stunning! I was able to experience places in Chiang Mai that I never would have found on my own.

The resort (Kiree Thara) was nice and very relaxed. The room was large and modern with a comfortable bed, which is important on this bootcamp! I loved returning from bootcamp daily and diving in the pool then having a nap on a sun bed! The staff were friendly and the special bootcamp menu is great with plenty to choose from.

I can't recommend this activity highly enough - I will be back for certain. The bootcamp has changed my perception of exercise - it's all fun! Also eating - I'm far more aware of what I'm putting into my body and the effects of different foods - now I can make informed choices about how I look after myself. Thanks Michelle!

3 Thank magicfish79
Chiangmai
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Glad to be back!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

After a break of 2 months due to work and family commitments am so happy to be back training with Michelle and her team:) Two days in I am feeling re motivated, fitter and firmer. The most encouraging thing has been to see how much I can still do even though I was really only able to walk a lot while away. Michelle has warmly welcomed me back and is intent on building from where I'm at. I don't feel pressured at all for having lost a bit of ground (my own fault) but rather challenged to not just get back to where I was but to keep making progress. I also found while away that I was so much more conscious of my eating habits and therefore haven't slipped back to far weight wise. Today I was holding a boat for 60 seconds but in my mind had decided to break after 30 and then do for another 30 seconds. I asked Michelle to call the 30 second mark----she saw right through me and guess what I held it for 60 seconds!!! It was such an encouragement to me. Thanks Michelle and Rin.

1 Thank SallyCmai
Chiang Mai, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great fun, great workout, great people!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I did a seven day bootcamp course and I'm so glad I did it! It has definitely been one of the best experiences I've had while being in Thailand. I loved the fact that the workout activities were so varied and the most important thing being; you are having fun while doing them! You’ll definitely feel those muscles by the end of every day, but first and foremost you will have fun and you will get to see a lot more of Chiang Mai than just the parts described in guide books. I tried various activities like kayaking, buffalo plowing (yes really!), bamboo rafting, muay thai, stair climbing at a temple, mountain biking, water aerobics and much, much, much more. Be prepared to get down and dirty though - plowing a rice field with a stubborn buffalo can be a rather messy affair! But what a fun one though!!! :D I’ve definitely regained my motivation to work out and eating healthier after a week with Michelle and her team, where I not only lost a bit of weight but also build on muscle mass. A big thank you to Michelle and Rin for making the week one to remember and also to all the other wonderful people I've met, who got down and dirty with me throughout the week! :)

1 Thank lottewk