“Not just a place to call home, but i feel like they were family”

Secret Learning Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 2,396 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: Italian, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: My number is +66 7133493..( is 3 months I try to change put the company don't do ) ... SLOW FOOD - I am an Italian cooker who loves to cook and I decide to cook for a few people only so I can concentrate on every single dish.Small menu which I like to serve every single dishes. Kitchen close around 9:00 PM. Simone The restaurant is very small.
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I came to Secret Learning a while back and fell in love with the place almost immediately. the food was great, the rooms had pizzazz, and the hosts were great company. i would recommend staying here for anyone, you'll only find the best, funniest, and warmest environment. my mom and i were traveling together in Thailand and she got in a motor bike accident. Simone and Pui along with some of the other guests actually came all the way to the hospital to see her and make sure she was ok. after they let us stay with them, taking care of us like only family could. Thank you guys! You're some of my best friends!

2  Thank Lucas D

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Despite arriving first in this small bar / restaurant the food took almost 90 minutes to all arrive. A shame because the owners try hard but the execution is disjointed. The Thai food was very tasty but the spaghetti bolognese was twice the price and really not worth this difference with these ingredients. We had expected something quite spectacular based on the tripadvisor ratings and comments and this fell significantly short of a restaurant 1 rating. They categorically get high marks for making you welcome and being nice hosts but this is not one of Chiang Mai's top restaurants. It is a great place for a slow evening with a Casual plate of food and with caring hosts. I hope the rating soon reflects the reality because we use tripadvisor frequently and I cannot understand the percentage of 1s.

3  Thank Giles and Justi... E
Reviewed August 5, 2014

An unexpected surprise this little restaurant in the center of Chiang mai within the Old city. I could enjoy the warm hospitality of the two managers - Pui & Simone - who prefer to define this place as a venue where you can share experiences and not just culinary. Thai cuisine and Italian are the masters. A special mention for the pasta dishes - to Lasagna the championship title - and Thai cuisine -. All fresh ingredients cooked at the moment-. And of course do not miss the mythical Moka coffee a must from the Italian traditional coffee experience, indeed!

4  Thank Leon D
Reviewed July 26, 2014

If you are looking for a very good meal this is the place for you, you might have to wait a little if the restaurant is full but you can be sure that all ingredient are fresh and every dish is done with love. I have been friend with Simone and Pui since a few years and any time I stay in ChiangMai i go to eat in Secret Learning quite often. Even if Chiangmai is full of vegetarian restaurant be sure of the quality of the ingredient is still an issue and when it comes to food i like to know what I eat.

Personal favorite is are the massaman and the green curry, but also the pesto sauce and the ricotta and spicaci lasagna is as good as the one I am making when I am home in Italy.

Simone is getting fresh Italian cheese made by an Italian in chiangmai and he knows how to put together all the ingredients. If you are looking for western food, it's a must!!!

1  Thank fmm313
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We came seeking Thai food but Simone's wife Pui was out so we got Italian food instead. We got bruschetta, pesto pasta, and lasagna, and it was hands down some of the best Italian food my friend and I have ever had. They ran out of tomatoes for the bruschetta so Simone's assistant ran to the market to buy more - it doesn't get fresher than that! Simone takes such care in preparing his food. The restaurant is tiny and quirky and has a great atmosphere. I highly recommend it.

2  Thank David D