“Great cozy place”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2013

The owner of this establishment is a very open and friendly guy. We became friends right away. The food was filling and excellent as well. There was also a couch inside where you could lie down or read a book etc. The best seats however are the two outside facing the city. I got to see a special holy parade yesterday when I had my lunch there :-)

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I'm staying in Chiang Mai for several months and near my condo I found this place. Very nice owner, and very good food. I go several times a week. I eat a lot of Thai but when I go to Menta I always have a good diner and a nice fresh salade. Or good coffee.

Didn't try everything yet but the quality what I had and off course the nice treatment from the owner, last night he gave me orange slices after my diner ;-) are fantastic. A comfortable and relaxing place with great food. If your around you should certainly try it.

You can eat cheap but also a little bit more expansive. It's up to you.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Menta is like a home away from home.

Good food, Thai, Israeli and Western. Just let the owners Gil and Nai know what you like and they will make sure you are satisfied. Absolutely love their Pita Bread, Babaganoush, Chicken Kebabs, Salads and Dips.

Their special Lemonade with mint should definitely be tried. Coffee and other drinks highly recommended as well.

Only a short walk from Night Bazaar for a truly welcoming experience for Chiang Mai.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

The owner is very nice and I certainly wish him well.

However, I must be honest: The chicken kebab here had good flavor, but the portion size was very small. The hummus had perfect creamy texture, but tasted like it was made from garbanzo beans alone. I couldn't notice any flavor of tahini (sesame), garlic, lemon, or even salt. (Is this an Israeli style of hummus? I don't know, but it didn't taste like any hummus I've ever had.) The pita tasted good, but it wasn't anything like a pita either.

My Thai friend ordered a Thai soup and found the flavors to be completely off.

Finally, and worst of all, the fish/chili sauce served with the Thai dish had two small white worms swimming around in it. They appeared to be fly larvae. I was surprised they could live in there. The fact that there were two tells me that they aren't covering this sauce, and keeping it too long. Bad experience.

2  Thank TomA2
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is only a small establishment but has a big heart. The owner, Gil, goes out of his way to make you welcome and make sure you return. The food that he prepares is by far much better than the much hyped Riverside Restaurant which we also visited and found it to be wanting in all departments. My wife did not like garlic but when Gil found out he prepared a chicken dish for us the following day and he had diguised the garlic so well that my wife finished the meal completely then asked what the ingredient was that made it different. The look on her face when he told her it was garlic was priceless. Well done Gil and our grateful thanks to you and your wife helping to make our holiday so pleasant. We certainly hope to return soon. This is one restaurant I would commend to anybody visiting Chiang Mai.